Am I Pregnant???

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well...i'm starting to wonder now. I've been cramping non-stop for the past 5 days. My boobs are sore and i've felt like crap. Today I went into work at 1:00....and i threw up twice while i was there, so my boss let me go home early. While I was there, my coworker Angela, (before even asking if i could be pregnant) said- Lydia, you're glowing! You're pregnant! (lydia nichole is my full name). Just like she knew without asking. So i'm starting to wonder now. I just took some anti-nausea medicine....we'll see if that works
I feel like someone just kicked me in my stomach.
I called my best friend a little while ago and told her what was going on. So tonight we're gonna go and get a test. I'll update when i know. I'm not sure if i'm pregnant or if it's just that flu/virius that has been going around. But since i'm not sure- i'm gonna go ahead and take the test just to be safe so that if i am pregnant, i can get into the doctor and start taking the right vitamines,etc. One question though- i take Yasmin (the pill)....i've been taking it....will it hurt the baby if i am pregnant and didn't know for a few days and took it? I'm not taking any tonight if i'm pregnant...but i did take it the past few days. Will i hurt it if i am? I tried to call my doctor but couldn't get ahold of her. I really think i just have a virious, but i'm not sure now. What do ya'll think? I'm gonna take a test tonight (i know they're usually more effective in the morining- but i wanna know now...
) i'll take one tonight and one in the morining.) If i am pregnant, i'm definitely keeping the baby
I definitely want to be a mom...i just wasn't planning on it right now
I'll update later. Till then, i'm cramping to death

salemwitchchild

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It sounds like your just sick. But your still right to take the test. Birth Control pills can cause a miscarriage. But I wouldn't worry about it doing that at this point. Just take the test tonight so you'll know. I agree with you though it sounds like your just sick. I was never that sick at the beginning of either of my pregnancies.

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know alot of girls who got pregnant by being on the Yasmin pill, but theoretically unless you havent been taking it properly i dont think you could be pregnant?

happyhendrix

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

Well...i'm starting to wonder now. I've been cramping non-stop for the past 5 days. My boobs are sore and i've felt like crap. Today I went into work at 1:00....and i threw up twice while i was there, so my boss let me go home early. While I was there, my coworker Angela, (before even asking if i could be pregnant) said- Lydia, you're glowing! You're pregnant! (lydia nichole is my full name). Just like she knew without asking. So i'm starting to wonder now. I just took some anti-nausea medicine....we'll see if that works
I feel like someone just kicked me in my stomach.
I called my best friend a little while ago and told her what was going on. So tonight we're gonna go and get a test. I'll update when i know. I'm not sure if i'm pregnant or if it's just that flu/virius that has been going around. But since i'm not sure- i'm gonna go ahead and take the test just to be safe so that if i am pregnant, i can get into the doctor and start taking the right vitamines,etc. One question though- i take Yasmin (the pill)....i've been taking it....will it hurt the baby if i am pregnant and didn't know for a few days and took it? I'm not taking any tonight if i'm pregnant...but i did take it the past few days. Will i hurt it if i am? I tried to call my doctor but couldn't get ahold of her. I really think i just have a virious, but i'm not sure now. What do ya'll think? I'm gonna take a test tonight (i know they're usually more effective in the morining- but i wanna know now...
) i'll take one tonight and one in the morining.) If i am pregnant, i'm definitely keeping the baby
I definitely want to be a mom...i just wasn't planning on it right now
I'll update later. Till then, i'm cramping to death
I take yasmin too. My doc told me you can only get pregnant while on the pill if you miss any. The pill is highly effective. Did you miss any pills?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SalemWitchChild

It sounds like your just sick. But your still right to take the test. Birth Control pills can cause a miscarriage. But I wouldn't worry about it doing that at this point. Just take the test tonight so you'll know. I agree with you though it sounds like your just sick. I was never that sick at the beginning of either of my pregnancies.
that's what i was thinking- i'm assuming it's just that virious that's been going around, but since i do have one ounce of doubt and there is a possibility i could be pregnant, i'm gonna take the test just to be sure.

Originally Posted by fwan

I know alot of girls who got pregnant by being on the Yasmin pill, but theoretically unless you havent been taking it properly i dont think you could be pregnant?
I missed 3 days of it this month and had a really weird one day period where i just spotted ....so i'm not sure.

salemwitchchild

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

that's what i was thinking- i'm assuming it's just that virious that's been going around, but since i do have one ounce of doubt and there is a possibility i could be pregnant, i'm gonna take the test just to be sure.

I missed 3 days of it this month and had a really weird one day period where i just spotted ....so i'm not sure.
Did you have intercourse within 7 days after missing those three days? That's when you were most susceptible. And if so did you use an alternative form of contraception?

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh Nikki ..........
Just sending good vibes to you, Sweetie
Let us know when you find out to night. Dont make us wait to know if we are all going to be a bunch of Aunts

happyhendrix

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

Oh well may be you could then
I'm 20 I dont want kids till im like 35(if then).I take my pill religiously.

catsallover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nikki, if the cramps get much worse, have Colin take you to the hospital to get checked out, okay? One of my (2) best friends had a tubal pregnancy, and she didn't know she was pregnant, either, until she went to the ER with bad cramps (and this was her 3rd pregnancy of 4- 3 healthy kids
).

I don't mean to scare you- just want you to be safe

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pami

Oh Nikki ..........
Let us know when you find out to night. Dont make us wait to know if we are all going to be a bunch of Aunts

Originally Posted by HappyHendrix

Oh well may be you could then
I'm 20 I dont want kids till im like 35(if then).I take my pill religiously.
I am religious about it also! My friends laugh but my cell alarm goes off at 10pm every night to remind me to take it!

buzbyjlc10

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
State College, PA and Haddon Township, NJ
Haha, the only thing that hits me as kind of funny, if you don't happen to be pregnant and just sick is your coworker exclaiming that you're glowing! I sure dont "glow" when I'm sick!!

I'm curious to know now too if you're gonna be a human mama! It sounds like something different/weird/unusal went on with your cycle this month if you only spotted for one day instead of your usual full period. If it were me in your situation and you don't happen to be pregnant, I'd still go see your doctor to make sure nothing else is up down there that's causing the cramping and the strange flow... regardless of what's actually going on with you, I send my best wishes for your (and possibly your baby's) good health!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Did you have intercourse within 7 days after missing those three days? That's when you were most susceptible. And if so did you use an alternative form of contraception?
yeah....every day that week
i'm like a rabbit
/ no we didn't use any alternative form. i missed 3 pills (i had to wait for my doc to call in a refill- it was over the weekend)

Originally Posted by Pami

Oh Nikki ..........
as soon as my best friend comes over tonight, i'm gonna go down the road to walgreens and pick up a two pack. i really don't think i am but i just want to be safe. i'll update as soon as i know.

happyhendrix

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MoochNNoodles

I am religious about it also! My friends laugh but my cell alarm goes off at 10pm every night to remind me to take it!
HAHA! mine goes off at 12:39. everynight. I get off work at midnight. so it just worksout better that way!

salemwitchchild

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by BuzbyJLC10

Haha, the only thing that hits me as kind of funny, if you don't happen to be pregnant and just sick is your coworker exclaiming that you're glowing! I sure dont "glow" when I'm sick!!

I'm curious to know now too if you're gonna be a human mama! It sounds like something different/weird/unusal went on with your cycle this month if you only spotted for one day instead of your usual full period. If it were me in your situation and you don't happen to be pregnant, I'd still go see your doctor to make sure nothing else is up down there that's causing the cramping and the strange flow... regardless of what's actually going on with you, I send my best wishes for your (and possibly your baby's) good health!
The one day flo she experienced was due to missing 3 days of pills. When we take BCP we actually experience breakthrough bleeding. It's not really a true menstrual cycle. We simply bleed because our body is withdrawing from the pills. So there's nothing abnormal from that experience.

salemwitchchild

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

yeah....every day that week
i'm like a rabbit
/ no we didn't use any alternative form. i missed 3 pills (i had to wait for my doc to call in a refill- it was over the weekend)

as soon as my best friend comes over tonight, i'm gonna go down the road to walgreens and pick up a two pack. i really don't think i am but i just want to be safe. i'll update as soon as i know.
Then it is VERY likely. Hoping for the best outcome for you.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catsallover

Nikki, if the cramps get much worse, have Colin take you to the hospital to get checked out, okay? One of my (2) best friends had a tubal pregnancy, and she didn't know she was pregnant, either, until she went to the ER with bad cramps (and this was her 3rd pregnancy of 4- 3 healthy kids
).

I don't mean to scare you- just want you to be safe
i will definitely go if they get much worse. i spend the entire weekend curled up in the feral position on the couch in a ton of pain....and the cramps are still that bad. i tried chammomile tea like someone suggested the other night- it it helped a pinch, but not much.

Originally Posted by BuzbyJLC10

yeah no kidding- she told me i was glowing and i told her i felt like someone kicked me in the stomach
/ she has a young son though- so i guess she'd know
i love her to pieces!
/ i have an appointment on the 5th for those reasons as well as my yearly appointment. so i will definitely ask her when i'm there. i will also get a blood test just to definte.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

The one day flo she experienced was due to missing 3 days of pills. When we take BCP we actually experience breakthrough bleeding. It's not really a true menstrual cycle. We simply bleed because our body is withdrawing from the pills. So there's nothing abnormal from that experience.
you're very knowledgable on this topic. thankyou for explaining it to us. geesh, now i'm really starting to wonder.

salemwitchchild

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

you're very knowledgable on this topic. thankyou for explaining it to us. geesh, now i'm really starting to wonder.
I've had to educate myself a lot! lol. I'm not too good at remembering my pills either.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I've had to educate myself a lot! lol. I'm not too good at remembering my pills either.
haha..that's funny
i usually take mine at 11:00 every night- but that weekend i missed 3- i couldn't get ahold of my doc to call in a refill and i didn't have any left (they were on automatic refill every month so i didn't know i had run out.) i just got off the phone with my friend- she's eating dinner and when she's done she'll be over around 7....so in another 2-2 1/2
hours i should know.

Originally Posted by fwan

Lucky you for being a rabbit!

Now i need a bf!
thanks for the laugh