Very exciting news!

okeefecl

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
For the past few years, I have helped mentor a high school student in the lab. She attends a private girls school, which is very strong in science and encourages their students to obtain research positions during high school, with the goal of submitting their research to the national Intel Science Talent Search. Well today I found out my student is a semfinalist!
She is one of six in Ohio, and one of three in Cuyahoga County (the other two also attend her school).

Keep your fingers crossed for her-we should hear very soon if she is a finalist!

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is great, I am keeping my fingers crossed for her. Let us know when ya'll hear something.

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ohhh this is exciting! I am studying towards a science degree myself and so this is great, especially now there are more women going for science degrees!!

Good on her!!!

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
...Great New Christi!
thank you for share with us!!!

))))))))))))))))))))
((((((((((((((((((((((((((((
Sending good vibes to her that not put nervous and can do her best!!!!

BTW my friend,: you has a marvellous siggy
at last I can to see your kitts!!!

joanne511

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What great news! She must be thrilled. I work in HR for a non-profit research institute, and one of my areas is working with bringing on interns, which I LOVE. It's so fun to see students get involved in science and move on to pursue advanced degrees!

KUDOS to you for being such an awesome mentor.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

okeefecl

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by xocats

Christy...you must be so proud of her.
Originally Posted by jcat

You must be so proud of her, Christy!
I am very proud of her, and her accomplishments. Besides some discussion of the clinical implications of her work, and some minor editing for grammar, her report was entirely her own. It's been amazing to see her growth as a person and a researcher for the past four years.

Originally Posted by LDG

Fabulous, Christy! I hope she makes the finals - then you we can all bite our fingernails together!
Finalists are announced January 31st. Please keep those fingers crossed!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
what wonderful news!!!! and she's one lucky girl to have had such a great mentor!!!
I hope she does well