icky belly and cravings

ericanicole

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Since everyone else gets to post food threads..heres mine!

I have a queezie belly all the time and some food, even the thought of them, makes me wanna vomit.But then there are some I crave all the time...
for instance, Garlic Pickles, olives, refried beans, chips, subway and sprite. I pretty much could live off of just those things right now.

stuff I dont even wanna think about...chicken,pork,anything italian, cheese sauce and peanut butter

What are you craving or despising?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ericanicole

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LuckyGirl

if your suffering from morning sickness, try milkshakes. My girlfriend swears by them....
Maybe because it will coat the stomach....I dunno. sometimes milky things will make me wanna spew but I am not nixing it at all...maybe I can make danny boy whip me up one...owww with bananas!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by EricaNicole

Maybe because it will coat the stomach....I dunno. sometimes milky things will make me wanna spew but I am not nixing it at all...maybe I can make danny boy whip me up one...owww with bananas!

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ooo, when I was pregnant I had nine months of EXTREME nausea, from the second I opened my eyes until I went to sleep (around 7 PM!). My OB/GYN said to eat anything... even chocolate cake, but the suggestion made me start gagging right in her office!

I wanted no food except grapefruit and stinky cheeses - two things I would never eat when not pregnant. (Not coincidently, I think, my daughter loves both.)

I gagged at everything, including lettuce. Two smells in particular that were awful were coffee and garlic - things I normally loved - they both smelled like dog poop! When my poor husband would try to have some dinner, like opening a can of soup, I had to go in the bedroom, close the door, and stick my head out of the open window. I even gagged drinking water, and brushing my teeth.

You will be over this in a few weeks, no doubt. It's actually a very good sign that the baby is healthy! Good luck with finding things to eat... it's worth it in the end.

Cheers, from
SwampWitch

ericanicole

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
aww i really hope i dont have 9 months of this.
Man...I love garlic!!!! I cannot imagine not having those yummy pickles which were suggested to me by my sister in law who ate them all the while she was pregnant.

grapefruits will never interest me...I think i had to many sour experiances with them as a kid...thanks mom

hilda>^..^<

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I too had very un-eventful pregnancies but I have heard from many a nauseated gal who swear by crackers. Yep. Just keep a stash of crackers (Saltines) by your bed and munch on a couple before you even roll out of bed. They say it helps to settle the stomach first thing. My hubby also agrees with this...of course he's not pregnant!!! LOL! but he does have a sensitive tummy and crackers do him a world of good.

Good luck sweets!
Hilda >^..^<

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My best friend (who is due in 9 days!!!) went through an awful period of sickness. All she ate was angel hair pasta with a tiny bit of sauce or just butter, and fruity popsicles.

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The only thing that made me sick when I was pregnant was eggs, other than that I could and did eat anything.

Especially hot fudge sundaes, oh my goodness, were they ever good. The doctor finally put me on a diet with my daughter, I had gained over 36 pounds by that time.

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Try some gingerbread snaps for a sickly belly or Vernors pop.

ericanicole

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

I am ADDICTED to Triscuits (cracked pepper and olive oil flavour)
I eat a box a day
mmm that sounds good!

right now though...I am sick as a ...ah..ummm..sickey!
i dont want to even thing about food..yet my mind is wondering to all the good things i love..like on my way home i wanna get a blizzard from dairy queen.mmm but my stomach is say..NO ERICA YOU FREAK!
shucks
!

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by EricaNicole

Since everyone else gets to post food threads..heres mine!

I have a queezie belly all the time and some food, even the thought of them, makes me wanna vomit.But then there are some I crave all the time...
for instance, Garlic Pickles, olives, refried beans, chips, subway and sprite. I pretty much could live off of just those things right now.

stuff I dont even wanna think about...chicken,pork,anything italian, cheese sauce and peanut butter

What are you craving or despising?
In college just before my period I would eat garlic pickles and dip them in yogurt. They all swore I was pregnant. LoL