What does it mean when your cat suddenly decides to attach himself to your hip??

sbw999

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
For the past few months, when I am home Hobbs will almost never leave my side whereever I am. When I go to bed, he sleeps right next to me. When I wake up and stretch, he wakes up and stretches; when Im eating he takes the chair next to me and gets his scraps too. When I brush my teeth he hops up on the sink and watches. When Im on the computer he parks his furry butt right next to the keyboard. When Im watching TV in my chair, he either sits on my lap, or sleeps right near the chair, until I go someplace else. I've had him for 6 years, but he has only recently begun to follow me everywhere almost all the time. Does he now think Im his mother or something? And why the change after all this time?

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Did something drastic change around the time his behavior changed?

raju

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Maybe you changed something like ur smell or something and the cat just loves it. My cat does that to my sister every morning and in the evening to me. Its quite funny but i love it lol
If you haveing problems with this, just .....hm cant think of anything

I hope someone has a solution

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sbw999

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by raju

Maybe you changed something like ur smell or something and the cat just loves it. My cat does that to my sister every morning and in the evening to me. Its quite funny but i love it lol
If you haveing problems with this, just .....hm cant think of anything

I hope someone has a solution
I dont have a problem with it. In fact it is pretty funny. But Im always curious about the behavior of my cats.

To answer Pami's question, I am having a house built, but in the meantime I moved out of my other house and into an apartment until my new house is finished in March. I noticed his different behavior when I moved into the apartment. Would that be enough to change his behavior?

Thanks.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by sbw999

I dont have a problem with it. In fact it is pretty funny. But Im always curious about the behavior of my cats.

To answer Pami's question, I am having a house built, but in the meantime I moved out of my other house and into an apartment until my new house is finished in March. I noticed his different behavior when I moved into the apartment. Would that be enough to change his behavior?

Thanks.
Oh definitely! Especially with it being a new behavior. I would say that he was a little insecure in his new surroundings and is sticking close by you because that is where he feels most secure.

But I am not a cat psychologist, I only think I am.

snosrap5

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It also could be related to your stress level. He may feel it's you that needs his attention. Maybe he is sensing your stress or excitement about the house.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by snosrap5

It also could be related to your stress level. He may feel it's you that needs his attention. Maybe he is sensing your stress or excitement about the house.
That is so right, Eva. It very well could be that!

larke

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think he's waiting for more handouts! I have a cat like that too, and at first I thought it was sweet, but now realize he's waiting for more, more, more handouts and is driving me crazy (and I brought it on myself because I'm such a sucker)!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sbw999

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
thx everyone for the insights!! He is one spoiled cat now, but its well deserved