applied to petsmart:)

ryanjay

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
alright need all the good vibes I can get lol
..its close by and off hours stock which is what i was doing. I know my old boss will give me a GREAT ref. btw they have a discount program? have heard in past 10 %?

tavia'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wish we had a petsmart close enough for me to work at. I would much rather be working with animals than with people right now.

salemwitchchild

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good luck. But I know two people working at petsmarts or similar that hate their jobs because their underpaid/overworked and treated like dirt. And the managers care more about the money than the pets they work with. I hope your store is not the same.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ryanjay

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I hear you on that...i prefer night work cause I can make friends with "our crew" and not worry about customer service...evil grin. I can deal with the "where is this?" but not when customers go off on me cause a produict is not is stock(do they really think i order the stuff????!) LOL or the I know you have more in the back....yup and today is day I would rather not sell it to you and put it in my overstock. sigh

snosrap5

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by ryanjay

LOL or the I know you have more in the back....yup and today is day I would rather not sell it to you and put it in my overstock. sigh
I'm sorry
but that is just too funny!! I'm going to have to try that on someone!

ryanjay

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
oh no salem...well right now something is better then nothing I know the people who work there during day are Very nice. And a coworker wanted to work petsmart ft as opposed to 2 dif jobs. wish I knew her name to put down on application

ryanjay

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
yeah towards christams I heard that a few times a night(store was open till midnight last two weeks and I got in at 9) that and ppl would offer you 20$ to put aside a wii(overnight crew didnt get electronics like game systems/games) yeah i am going to lose my job for THAT??? so many ppl came in looking for odd toys the last night or two before christmas then would say fine im going to walmart they will have it....

silentnate

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good vibes coming your way ryanjay, best of luck with the application

I just wish I worked with animals myself sometimes

ryanjay

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I HAVE AN INTERVIEW yesssssssssssssssssss. lol it looks like I have it-they really need help and not many ppl working..cool hours-4 am-12 so that rocks i have to get this new stray to vet to be spayed but mom said she would do it if i start next week

alikatt

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I work at Petsmart, but not, since I work in the Pethotel. I love my job. My manager is great, and even the main store managers are awesome, so good luck to you. My shift is 9pm-6am, so overnight, and I'm in the same boat as you. I love people and all, but I love the animals more, and they don't talk back... well, usually.

ryanjay

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
since you work there what is the discount % and is it good on everything(cat food/litter are my main buys...right now avg between 225-250 in cat stuff) I have seen a pet hotel up north but none are around me-thats a real cool service they offer. years ago I applied for boarding kennel as cattery help but they were looking for exp dog area:S was a real nicely run place...not to many boarding places localy. 4 start would be sweet not complety shut out from the "regular" world lol lol.

alikatt

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ryanjay

since you work there what is the discount % and is it good on everything(cat food/litter are my main buys...right now avg between 225-250 in cat stuff) I have seen a pet hotel up north but none are around me-thats a real cool service they offer. years ago I applied for boarding kennel as cattery help but they were looking for exp dog area:S was a real nicely run place...not to many boarding places localy. 4 start would be sweet not complety shut out from the "regular" world lol lol.
To the best I can remember, it's 15% I believe. I don't pay attention, I just buy stuff. I love the hotel. It's a great place to work.

ryanjay

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
wow it went real well...was very laid back and like what i hear far as my job description...i will hear back mid week not to many for this position applied so