USA Meet-up!

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We had a thread a couple weeks ago and it seemed everyone tthough Vegas was the place to go. So I am just curious when we should do it. I think it was agreed that the end of 2008 was good to, giving everyone plenty of time to stash a little cash away to be able to afford it. I am going to try my darndest to get myself there (my best friend even wants to come). When what weekend is best?

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Being a full time student make any semester weekend bad. I'd love to go and could probably save enough by then but seeing as the semester starts the last week of aug/first week of sep. something mid-august would be best for me. Of course, I've skipped classes before!

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I ADORE Vegas! I have a friend that lives there, too, so that would be so much fun for me! I think Columbus Day weekend would be best for me - I could stretch it to a 5-day weekend!

tavia'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I picked the 10-12 2008 because my birthday is on the 12th and what better way to spend your birthday then with your friends. Although the idea of travelling scares me a bit because I haven't really travelled that much. But I think it would be worth it.

jenny82

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GingersMom

I ADORE Vegas! I have a friend that lives there, too, so that would be so much fun for me! I think Columbus Day weekend would be best for me - I could stretch it to a 5-day weekend!
Me too- which weekend is Columbus Day?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by twstychik

Being a full time student make any semester weekend bad. I'd love to go and could probably save enough by then but seeing as the semester starts the last week of aug/first week of sep. something mid-august would be best for me. Of course, I've skipped classes before!
Do they let you off for Columbus day?

ashleynicole

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That would be so much fun! I can't vote right now, b/c more than likely Fall of '08 is when me and Patrick are going to be getting married!!! (If not before then
) Once we set a date (which may still be a few weeks or so), I'll let y'all know so we can try and come too!

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Rigel we want you to try to come!! Its says USA meetup but everyone who can make it is invited!

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Due to the nature of my job-Sept is busy for me and the 1st part of Oct. but its only 3 days (or more???) I should be able to fit in!!

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Looks like Columbus Day weekend is winning!! By a landslide so far!

emily_325

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I chose Oct. 10th-12th. We'd have to make reservations EARLY for that weekend, but it would be easiest for everyone to get off from work. Plus it could double as mine and my husband's anniversary trip.
Our anniversary is Oct. 15th.

My only other suggestion would be Labor day weekend, which is the last weekend in August.

emily_325

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by babyharley

You guys would have a blast! I've never been to Vegas before!
"You guys" as in you wouldn't come??? You'd love Vegas. Lots of shopping.
And great food. And great bars. And pools. And.... I could go on and on.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by emily_325

"You guys" as in you wouldn't come??? You'd love Vegas. Lots of shopping.
And great food. And great bars. And pools. And.... I could go on and on.
If I had a job... and were able to save up... I'd love to go, but unfortunately it doesn't look positive for me!