We are burning down the house this weekend!!

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Neil spoke with his brother and has arranged the volunteer fire dept to come to the farm this weekend and finally burndown the nasty farmhouse!!

You didn't think I was taking about the house we live in???

Just a reminder -this is what it looks like....

Its such a liability as we know "kids" have been going in there
-its been unhabitable for at least 20 years!! And not worth fixing up.
Neil is excited
as this is the second house we have burnt down-the first was the house next to use that was burned down about 5-6 yrs ago.
We have to wait to see if the weather forecast will be good (minimal wind).
The barn is about 150 ft or so away. There are trees nearby I hope they can be saved.
It should take about an hour to come to the ground. I'll try to remember my camera.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That's neat! I saw them do one in my town about a year ago, looking forward to pics

sophiec

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm probably going to be one of the only ones to say this, but.......

that's such a shame to see old buildings destroyed.

I know you said it was a liability, but I still don't like seeing old, historic architecture come to an end.

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ya, it does look like it was nic ein it's day and I love farm houses but it's also doing a service by being burned. Not only do you lose the liability but the firefighters get good real life practice.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There is no interesting architecture in the inside or out. If there was its been removed! To even consider remodeling it would have to be taken to the wall studs (which is is in some rooms already)no plumbing or electrical. Then what would we do with it as we aren't going to sell this property. Raccooons have been "living" upstairs. No one has even checked out the attic for fear of animals up there. We know that there are kids who have trespassed on the property already and could be using the house as a party place (even woth no windows/furniture etc...) if they get injured -whose fault is it?? That's why it going.

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SophieC

I'm probably going to be one of the only ones to say this, but.......

that's such a shame to see old buildings destroyed.

I know you said it was a liability, but I still don't like seeing old, historic architecture come to an end.
I think it's sort of sad too. I travel to small towns around my city and take pictures of old buildings, and I'm glad they kept them up.

hilda>^..^<

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I too am sad to see this once lovely old home go down in flames. But I also understand your reasons and I'm sure its for the best...too much at stake in leaving it up. So sad though...I just
old farmhouses. The pics should be amazing just the same.

Ummm, I noticed your location is ''Snowstorm Barbara''....Santa Barbara puurrhaps?

Hilda >^..^<

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No I'm in Wisconsin whic names their snowstorms like the hurricanes are named!!
As you see we are only on the B's which is pretty bad so far for us!!

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The roof, the roof, the roof is on fire! We don't need no water let the mother ------- burn!

scamperfarms

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can understand why its being done. But i am sad too. I LOVE old farm houses. and used to work with a volenteer group that went around to smaller towns, and redid houses like that one...

Have fun with the burn.

sibohan2005

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm a history lover so I would have to go through the whole house looking for stuff befor I burnt it down. I love archeology and old stuff. Go Explore before you burn it down.

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Can you do a quick run through the house first to try and scare out the animals?