Dry spot on tummy

essayons89

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Back in November Charlotte was spayed and had her stitches taken out a couple of weeks later. The place where the incision was and her tummy looked perfectly fime and it was healing well. I've noticed lately that the area of her tummy that was shaved for the procedure is dry. I'm battling fleas with the kittens and I'm thinking the area is dry because she she licks herself there alot and in the process she also irritated the skin. The dry area on her tummy isn't hot to the touch and there are no signs of infection. I picked up some petroleum jelly at the store and was thinking about putting a thin coat over the dry skin. Would this be okay to do?

Since I have to take her brother into the vet this coming tuesday to be neutered I was going to bring her with me and have the vet take a quick look at her.

Thanks.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Having the vet look at it is probably your best bet
Let us know how you make out.

puppycat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
probably the fleas and like you said, she just irritated the skin. The vet would be able to tell you whats safe to put on her skin to help her with the itchies. Good luck and let us know what the vet says.. it will be good information

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

essayons89

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks.

I talked to the vet on friday and she said to go ahead and bring Charlotte in with Everest (big day for the little guy tomorrow). She said not to put anything on her until she has a look at her. I'll update again tomorrow after I get home.

essayons89

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Okay, I'm back from the vet with Charlotte. There is no infection but a spot on her tummy is pink and dry. The vet gave her a cortisone shot. Hopefully, that will do the trick. I asked about applying a topical and she said that I could add one but that Charlotte would just lick it off.

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hope the cortisone helps and that her skin is as good as new soon, glad it doesn't seem to be anything to worry about

essayons89

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Phenomsmom

I hope the shot makes her feel better! Good luck also to her brother!
Thanks!

Her tummy is much better. There are only one or two small dry places and her fur has is growing back in that area really well.