Foster Cat had babies!!!

t76squeaks

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My foster cat gave birth last week to five beautiful kittens. She had four boys and one girl, all have a 'tuxedo' pattern to them. It's going to be fun trying to tell them apart

Katalina, my foster cat, had a relatively quick labor. She was having the kittens about twenty minutes apart, gradually slowing down as she neared the end. The last kitten (#5) was giving her trouble, though. She was having strong contractions, but the kitten seemed to be lodged in there. She was meowing horribly, and after a couple more contractions I could see his little body, coming out breach and his sack was already ruptured. I quickly helped her get him out and she licked him clean and he was all right, thank goodness!
It was an interesting night, but she did a great job!

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by T76squeaks

My foster cat gave birth last week to five beautiful kittens. She had four boys and one girl, all have a 'tuxedo' pattern to them. It's going to be fun trying to tell them apart

Katalina, my foster cat, had a relatively quick labor. She was having the kittens about twenty minutes apart, gradually slowing down as she neared the end. The last kitten (#5) was giving her trouble, though. She was having strong contractions, but the kitten seemed to be lodged in there. She was meowing horribly, and after a couple more contractions I could see his little body, coming out breach and his sack was already ruptured. I quickly helped her get him out and she licked him clean and he was all right, thank goodness!
It was an interesting night, but she did a great job!
I am glad it went ok and that mom and kittens are doing well. As far as telling them apart...I know people who use different color nail polish on one nail of each kitten.

Now is the time to make sure that mom and kittens are secured with mom's food and litter in the room. Just let us know if you have any questions..and yes, pictures of them are always welcome.

Katie

celestialrags

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congradulations on an uneventful delivery and having healthy babies!
I use different colored markers under an arm pitt or some thing to tell kittens that look alike, apart, it is a harder spot for mom to lick away. A dab or nail polish works well too.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What colors do you have?

That last kitten is usually the longest - cause there are no other kittens behind him/her to push out!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

t76squeaks

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
All of the kittens look fairly similar to their mom. They are all black and white and have a 'tuxedo' pattern to them. White paws, white chests, white part of their face. They're doing great and growing fast!

celestialrags

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can't see them
All I see is that aweful box with the red X, LOL! They sound cute though.
If you have a host like photo bucket, you can upload them, and then copy the link or image code and paste it in your post, that generally works, good luck with them cute little kitties!

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can't see the pics, either....But Congratulations anyway!! Bless you for taking in Katrina - I shudder to think if she had been left on her own, undernourished and still having her babies - thank goodness you were there to help her with the last baby!! I can scarcely wait to see the pics

poohandwendy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Way to go Katalina!

I love tuxedos, I have two as a matter of fact. I have found them to be very personable and friendly, my two are really people cats. I can't see any pictures either. (sad)

Good luck with them!

ilovesiamese

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congrats on the delivery of 5 wonderful kittens. I can't wait to see photos!!!

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awwww they are cute - cant wait for some more pictures in a week or two when they open their eyes - then you can take more individual pics - thanks for sharing

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
awe those pics are precious, thanx for sharing
and I cant wait to see more ecspecially them growing up
well keep us updated on how the kits and mamma are doing !!!!
Thanx for sharing so far