Does this annoy you too?

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I sent an email to the registration office looking for information as to why a student is not listed on my roster despite my class being on her schedule. I placed her name as the subject of my email.

I guess it was too much for the person I emailed to put two and two together, but they responded to my email asking "If you provide me their name..."

Ummm...did you read the subject of my email???? So I replied with the students name in the body of the email.

I just had another like this the other day with a sales rep where I asked the price of something and they just replied back "Yes we have it in stock". Ummm...I want to know the PRICE?!

Maybe I'm just asking too much...

emily_325

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I know exactly what you mean. I send letters to clients all the time requesting things and I usually end up having to call them when I don't hear back. They're always like, "I didn't know you wanted anything."

When I explain that I sent a letter, they're like, "Oh, is that what that was? I didn't read all of it."

Geez Louise people!

ilovesiamese

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Uhhh my profs are like that....I asked if they recieved a file and they said they received something besides what I was asking them about then I have to email them again...I wonder if it is just that people are so busy they don't actually slow down and really read everything.

kittenkiya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have learned NOT to email administration at all. The last time we did, we asked a very simple question: When will the pay raise take effect?

45 days later and a 4 page email was sent back to us that DIDN'T ANSWER THE QUESTION.

We still don't have the pay raise. Never again.

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I get that in business emails all the time, never fails to perplex me. People just don't bother to READ.

emily_325

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GingersMom

I get that in business emails all the time, never fails to perplex me. People just don't bother to READ.
Yeah, and in this day and age when everything has to be in writing for legal purposes...

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I think people use the "too busy" excuse too much these days. Things still have to be done, we're all busy, so stop whining already! I think people are just too lazy to do their jobs properly.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know exactly what you mean...I had a surreal reply recently that didn't relate one bit to what I'd written and asked about! Too bad they didn't ask me to "rate their reply"...talk about inept customer service.

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
I have replied with the original correspondence and the comment - please see below or the name is at the end of the email.

candlemaven

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
One of my friends works as an academic advisor at the Univ of Pittsburgh, and her favorite saying (which she made up) is:

"I don't ask for perfection, just incompetence on a smaller scale."

She sent a mass email out to her 100+ students telling them of the procedures for signing up for advising appointments, and sure as $#*& didn't she get at least 5 replies asking "what do I need to do?" or some other question that was clearly answered in the email.

sillyjilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know what you mean... It's like some people just lack any semblance of common sense nowadays! It really does start to scare me that these people are reproducing and passing this on to their kids!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SillyJilly

I know what you mean... It's like some people just lack any semblance of common sense nowadays! It really does start to scare me that these people are reproducing and passing this on to their kids!!!
The horror!!!!

emily_325

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I won't say which brand it was, but I recently emailed one of the cat claw cover companies asking about their experience with using their product on polydactyl cats. I mentioned in the first sentence that we currently use their product on the cat we have now.

They replied back asking if I wanted a sample for the cat I have now so I could try their product...

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I always put names of client in the subject line too..and usually I will repeat it in the body because some people are

tavia'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree with Nat I think people are just
and that the world needs more common sense.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes! I was always taught "the old fashion" way about emails. The Subject should be what you're talking about in the email.

In this case I was going to talk about the student and put her name as the subject.

I guess I just forget that not everyone is observant.

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
I get irritated when there is no subject line at all. It gets really bad when you get an email conversation on a number of them and you have to read the email to see which conversation is in it.