Who else has a cold?

quill_luv

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm staying home from class today because I've been sick since Monday, but yesterday wasn't so bad; it was today that it REALLY got bad. I have a headache, sore throat, terrible cough .... and all I wanna do is watch some of my favourite Soaps. It's very cold out here in the back room, and it's cold outside so I'm all warm and fuzzy inside a queensized comforter. I hate taking pills so I'm sticking to tea and the warmth of Quill, who's been "guarding" me. Well, if anybody else has a cold or is feeling sick, I'm sending vibes out to you in hopes that you get better really soon.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My sister's kids have had the flu./ And me personally- i've been cramping non-stop since this weekend and have felt just miserable. I made a doctors appointment for the 5th just to be safe
it's the earliest they can get me in. I'm not sure what's wrong with me
I've never cramped like this before.

hilda>^..^<

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yep, I've got a cold...and its very COLD outside here as well...ice everywhere...which is very, VERY unusual for our Houston, TX area. I don't like taking meds either...but I do love my Halls cough drops...helps me through...as well as a large box of Kleenex! Oh yeah...and a jar of Bag Balm for my sore, nose!

Nikki...take care...hope you'll be ok soon.

Hilda >^..^<

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've had it since Saturday, thought I was getting better but today I feel awful! Nate was off work for a week which is really not like him at all, he barely gets sick. He didn't even want to eat pizza which I am sure usually he would live on given half a chance!

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Get well vibes right back atcha.

I've had viral pneumonia for over a week - last week I had three straight days with high fever and chills. I'm getting better, but my chest still hurts, the cough won't go away, and I still feel like crap.

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yep, im stuck with the fever (i really shouldnt be on the computer) i have a sore throat, my glands are swelled up, and i threw up yesterday! I have the week off work, and i am so bored at home!

The kitties are looking after me though and i find it so lovely!

I hope we all get better soon guys!

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sending those vibes to all of y'all who aren't feeling well.

I don't know if it's a cold or a different manifestation of this flu type bug going around the office. All I know is that my lungs hurt (I have asthma, so I know what that feels like, as opposed to sore back muscles), I've been having problems breathing, and I'm even more tired than usual.
I also know that DayQuil and NyQuil don't really do anything for it.

hilda>^..^<

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by valanhb

Sending those vibes to all of y'all who aren't feeling well.

I also know that DayQuil and NyQuil don't really do anything for it.
Depends on how much you take of 'em!!

Hilda >^..^<

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by crittermom

I have 2 with strep throat.
Nikki, are you late?
No...i just had one about a week ago- but it was weird and only lasted a day
/ I'm not sure if the cramping is from girly issues (possible pregnancy?) or from my gastro. issues- sometimes IBS and Gastroparesis can cause really bad cramping. I'm going to the doc on the 5th so i'm gonna ask her when i go. I hope your kiddos get to feeling better soon

Originally Posted by Hilda>^..^<

Nikki...take care...hope you'll be ok soon.
Thankyou. I will. I'm still cramping though
It's been non stop for several days now- i've never done this before
/ I hope you get to feeling better soon! Have you tried those tissues with extra lotion in them? They're really gentle on sore noses

hilda>^..^<

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nikki...
Yes, I've tried them but they make my upper lip sweat! LOL!

Thanks and I hope you find out why you're cramping so much. Hey, just thought of something. I just found the 'tea' thread earlier and posted in it about how chammomile tea is good for aching tummies. I know cramps and cramping are a different thing, but I also know that whenever we'd get cramps (the menstrual kind) my mom would always give us some chammomile tea and it ALWAYS helped...maybe you should try a bit. I know it won't cure whatever is hurting you but perhaps it might just ease the pain a bit...make things a bit more bearable maybe

Hope you feel better sooner than later...
Hilda >^..^<

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Nikki...

Thanks and I hope you find out why you're cramping so much. Hey, just thought of something. I just found the 'tea' thread earlier and posted in it about how chammomile tea is good for aching tummies. I know cramps and cramping are a different thing, but I also know that whenever we'd get cramps (the menstrual kind) my mom would always give us some chammomile tea and it ALWAYS helped...maybe you should try a bit. I know it won't cure whatever is hurting you but perhaps it might just ease the pain a bit...make things a bit more bearable maybe

Hilda >^..^<
Thankyou sooooo much for that suggestion! I am desperate at this point- i'm cramping non-stop and essentially curled up in the fetal position with my lap top (doesn't help that i still have to run errands
) I am definitely going to get some chammomile tea while i'm out today! Thankyou once again for the tip! I'll let you know if it helps

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't have one yet- but John does
I hope I don't catch it!

Hope all of you who have colds, get better soon!

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am hardly ever sick, even with working at the day care and all them snotty nose youngins, but I think I know why, I wash my hands a gazillion times a day, if I am somewheres at school where I can not get so soap and water, I use Germex, that has got to be the best stuff ever invented.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Nikki...

Hilda >^..^<
Well, i went out tonight like you suggested and got some chammomile tea. I'm sipping on it right now so hopefully that will help. I'm about to kill over from all of that cramping
and it's not even time to be cramping- that's the weird thing...my body's been all out of wack this week.
thanks for the suggestion on the tea though! i'm hoping it helps a bit!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm feeling ok, but DH got up last night with a bad headache. Then he came home from work grumpy because he was so cold. Then he didn't want to eat dinner....then he went and puked on me! (not litterally!) Then he had the nerve to complain when I didn't kiss him on the lips when he went ot bed! YUCK! I love him, but yuck! Plus, like I told him, if he has germs I don't want them!!!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

Well, i went out tonight like you suggested and got some chammomile tea. I'm sipping on it right now so hopefully that will help. I'm about to kill over from all of that cramping
and it's not even time to be cramping- that's the weird thing...my body's been all out of wack this week.
thanks for the suggestion on the tea though! i'm hoping it helps a bit!
I use chamomile and especially mint tea for that reason! My Mom even used to brew mint tea from fresh mint from her garden. That was the best kind! Hope that helps you!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MoochNNoodles

I use chamomile and especially mint tea for that reason! My Mom even used to brew mint tea from fresh mint from her garden. That was the best kind! Hope that helps you!
well...i'm still cramping non-stop so it really didn't help much
i'm also feeling a bit nauscious...so i'm thinking i'll take a hot shower and then go get some rest