After Five Long Days - This!!

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It took five long days to get this photo, folks! And even as I sit here writing this, they continue their intense staring contest. But today is the first time I was able to get them in the same room together. Persi is the male on the floor. This is HIS house and he has been here for 7 months. Alley is the female cat up off the floor. She wants nothing to do with Persi. Persi has never attacked her but is trying his best to make friends. He will eventually inch forward a little, Alley will hiss and strike out, and then they will return to their staring contest. This has been going on for five hours now. BUT THEY ARE IN THE SAME ROOM! This is progress. I know that things will now continue to get better, given time. The next picture I take will be of them cuddling I hope. The strange thing to me though is that Persi has welcomed Alley into HIS home and it is Alley that is not accepting his advances. I have no doubt that Persi will succeed, after all, is that not what all us men do?? P.S. Persi is nine months old and nuetured, and Alley is 2 1/2 and spayed. This is Persi ----->

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hang in there, Persi. Some of us females are very picky and take a while to warm up to the advances of a love sick male.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by gemlady

Hang in there, Persi. Some of us females are very picky and take a while to warm up to the advances of a love sick male.

Oh I cant wait for the cuddle pics!!

pee-cleaner

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It may be awhile for the cuddling. I've had my 2.5 year old male Felix and 6 month old female Sheba together for 5 weeks now. Lots of playing and some wrestling but still far from ready to cuddle.

I read on here somewhere that cats either strike each other and fight terribly or "stare and discuss things" forever. In my situation, we had the latter. Sounds like you probably will too. Patience....

Cally

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
well done ! in the same room
that sure is progress

looking forward to the cuddling pic

p.s. I love the "staring each other out" routine

graciecat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They are both adorable.
If she could talk something tells me she'd be saying "Well you just get out of the way so I can get down"

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Don't feel bad - took Ling 4 days to decide Charlie was not so bad and to start playing with him. We've had him about 3 weeks now. They are at the stage of "testing" - Charlie usually is the one that starts it on the wrestling.

And today for the first time, they were curled up on the sofa together without fighting; kinda sleeping - got a photo or two of that

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hey, if it makes you feel better, Alley & Persi are doing waaayyy better than most of my intros went!

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
This is wonderful news.
They will get better as Alley gets comfortable with the house.

nautica

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I would guess that Alley is still a little scared of the new place. She is still getting used to the house and Persi! The fact that you can put them in the same room already is a great start. Good luck. Keep us posted.

fred&nermal

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Maybe Ally has a bit of dominance in her blood! She may not like the fact that she's smaller in size. Perhaps when she grows a little and gets more meat/muscle on her bones she'll be into being friends as equals!
Just a thought.
Or maybe she's just testing the waters until she's sure. Females don't go for just any guy! At least dinner AND a movie, to get things started. Maybe Persi is too young or unestablished for her taste. Perhaps if you slip a few $20s in Persi's wallet, things will go better!
Just kidding. Not all females are materialistic!
They're adorable cats! I'm sure all will be cozy and cuddly soon.
P.S. If you want more cuddle action, turn down the heat. Or up the air-conditioner if you live south!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Fred&Nermal

Maybe Ally has a bit of dominance in her blood! She may not like the fact that she's smaller in size. Perhaps when she grows a little and gets more meat/muscle on her bones she'll be into being friends as equals!
Just a thought.
Or maybe she's just testing the waters until she's sure. Females don't go for just any guy! At least dinner AND a movie, to get things started. Maybe Persi is too young or unestablished for her taste. Perhaps if you slip a few $20s in Persi's wallet, things will go better!
Just kidding. Not all females are materialistic!
They're adorable cats! I'm sure all will be cozy and cuddly soon.
P.S. If you want more cuddle action, turn down the heat. Or up the air-conditioner if you live south!
You have provided exactly the photo that I am still hoping to get at some point soon. Alley still stays under the bed or couch with Persi situated between her and the food/water and litter box so they do actually come into contact (almost) now and then. They actually touched faces this morning without a lot of carrying on. They actually both weigh nine pounds, Persi just looks a lot bigger with all of his fur. He looks so sad waiting for her to come out from hiding all day long. The big contest now is who comes to bed the earliest and stakes their claim to the bed for the night! Yes, your picture is what I am waiting for and Persi is too! Mabey tonight we can advance to one cat on one side of the bed and one on the other. Gee, I never thought this was going to take so long...I will show Alley the picture of Fred and Nermal to show her what she is missing.

jkrodger

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Fred and Nermal, that pic is what I want of my cats too! Alas, I don't think Phoebe and Escher will ever cuddle with eachother, we've had Escher for almost 3 years, and Phoebe for 1.5 years and she still hisses, growls, and runs away when Escher gets too close. But they do occasionally play (at least, Escher thinks they're playing, I think Phoebe is running for her life and since she's declawed, her swipes and fighting is just 'play fighting' to Escher).