Breeding Announcement

celestialrags

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Blueyed Sapphire Ice of Celestialrags & Beech Ridge Dante' of Celestialrags

My queen Icey came into heat and I decided it was time for a new litter, so late on 1/15 they had 2 sucessful connections and I let them mate on the 16th. Today she is in her cage while we wait to see if the mating took. If so we are going to be expecting little ragdoll babies around 3/21/07. If not, we will try again when she comes into heat again
This will be Icey/Dante's last litter together, Ice will be spayed and retired after this litter, she will be 4 in may, and this will be her fourth litter. We really love our male as well, so we will be keeping one or two kittens from this litter for our breeding program and neutering Dante' and he will just be our buddy. It is too soon to know if this mating will take, but we will know soon enough!

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awwwwwwwww baby kittys on the way
Best wishes for a smooth pregnancy and some top quality kittens. What point colors are expected?

tiffanyjbt

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Yay!!! Keeping my fingers crossed for a sucessful mating. You're gonna have to post a 'baby thread' like Nial did for his babies too!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

celestialrags

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

Awwwwwwwww baby kittys on the way
Best wishes for a smooth pregnancy and some top quality kittens. What point colors are expected?
Their last litter had Yuki, she is being shown. I am hoping for more like her
Icey is a blue point and Dante' is a (Genetically high mitted) Bi-color, He can't produce color points, even with the mother being a colorpoint, so they will only produce mitted kittens. I expect seals mostly, but can have blues since mom is. They both carry chocolate, so seal, blue, chocolate, is what I can expect. last litter I had 3 seal mitted, and 1 chocolate mitted with out any blue. It could be any of those colors, but only mitted.

Originally Posted by tiffanyjbt

Yay!!! Keeping my fingers crossed for a sucessful mating. You're gonna have to post a 'baby thread' like Nial did for his babies too!
I may, I know every one likes those cute little baby pictures

Originally Posted by JulieKit

How wonderful!! Can we get a quick photo of the parents to be?
mom is blue point, dad is seal bi-color. I don't have any good pictures of them
But, here is some so you can see how they look. Their daughter from last litter is Yuki in my siggy, and son smudge in kluchettas siggy.
Icey:

Dante':

Originally Posted by kluchetta

Aw, congrats. My Smudgie will be a big brother!
I hope he is a big brother to 4 or 5 little sisters
I want more girls!

siameseohio

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Looking forward to hearing if you have kittens on the way.
Praying for healthy pregnancy and kittens!

kai bengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cool, make sure you keep us updated. I think a kitten thread is in order too.
I have never seen baby ragdolls, it would be very interesting to see the developement pics.

celestialrags

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kai Bengals

Cool, make sure you keep us updated. I think a kitten thread is in order too.
I have never seen baby ragdolls, it would be very interesting to see the developement pics.
Not the best picture, I really need a new camera (guess that what I should have asked Santa for) This was Icey's first litter, it was with another male, not my Dante'. They were about 17 hours old, you can see the little one, she was my Angel, the vet didn't expect her to live, she is now living in a home with a kitten from my second litter. She was mabey a third of the size of the other four, little trooper, she did make it, but it was touch and go with her for a while. They are, of coarse, all born white and develope color as they age.

I will start a new thread for this litter when they are born, for now, I am just waiting to see if she is pregnant, I wouldn't be surprised if she is, she is a good breeder, deliverer, and mom, so I think she probley is bred, time will tell.

abymummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yay!!! New babies coming! May her preganacy go smoothly and may the correct number of kittens (in other words, not too big a litter!
) be born gorgeous and healthy!

tiffanyjbt

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Yay!!! Congratulations!!!

I have a questions though... How do you know whether or not the breeding took?

celestialrags

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by tiffanyjbt

Yay!!! Congratulations!!!

I have a questions though... How do you know whether or not the breeding took?
I don't other then to wait for signs. Some cats get morning sickness, or their nipples will pink up, or she doesn't come back into heat, ect. She acts the same every time she is pregnant, so I watch for her signs. Like today she doesn't seem to be in heat and her nature has changed, she is being very loving. These are things I have noticed of her, every time, so if it is a queen that you are familiar with and is consistant with pregnancy signs/symptoms, I can make a guess with some accuracy sooner then the tell tail physical ones are present (larger tummy, swollen nipples, ect.) I vet can tell too, I haven't usually brought in her, and I don't know how soon they can tell, like in blood work or x-rays, but, I usually just wait, and find out as soon as I can, lol!
I do think she is, just from the way she acts, compared with other times, but it is only day two Too soon to be sure though, just a feeling, which may be more hope then any thing

reddicequeen

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
There is a way to tell...I can't remember what it is . It has something to do with looking at their nipples on a specific day after mating. You can ask Deb or Brianne at http://www.usaragdolls.com They will tell you.
I luv kittens. I was trying to get them to move next door to me so I would have unlimited *kitten access* isnt that selfish

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Usually the nipples will "pink up" at about 3 weeks - sometimes its hard to tell unless its a maiden queen which would have had white nipples. After a few litters, the cat is a bit harder to tell.

I've had my rexes not show till 4 weeks they were pregnant (after a litter or two).

celestialrags

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

Usually the nipples will "pink up" at about 3 weeks - sometimes its hard to tell unless its a maiden queen which would have had white nipples. After a few litters, the cat is a bit harder to tell.

I've had my rexes not show till 4 weeks they were pregnant (after a litter or two).
I like your new siggy!
My queen has had three litters now, this will be the fourth, so it will be harder to tell, but within two or three weeks, they do tend to "pink up" so really, I can only wait to see if she is pregnant (even if it is two or three weeks for pinking up) other then having a vet tell me. It's nothing but waitting with these things, wait for them to go into eustrus, wait to know if they are, wait to feel kittens moving, wait for them to finally have them, it's nothing but hurry up and wait with these guys

Although it has only been a week, but I think she is, she has always taken the fist time with the male, she isn't in heat, she isn't being the little witch she was being, she is being sweet with every one, she is also sleeping a lot, and seems to have mabey even increased eating, a little. Not definate signs by any means, but some thing I have seen of her the last times. It may be a little while still before I can say for sure, yes she is, or not.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks, but I didn't do it, Anakat was nice enough to play around and create it for me - thanks goes to her.

I have NO clue how to do it (not sure how far to resize some of my pics to fit)....

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hey all - just thought anyone keeping up with this thread might like to know that I spoke with Leslye (Celestialrags) today. She's having computer issues or she'd update you herself.
Anyway, aside from Leslye herself being sick (pneumonia - so give her some vibes), things are going well, and Icey is about 31 days pregnant. Leslye can feel the babies - says they feel like little walnuts, and there are 4 or 5 of them. Hooray!

familytimerags

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Thank you for the update, Kim. I was wondering when the Raggies were due!! Our Nala had 5 babies on February 5th, and they are all thriving. We have an all colorpoint litter, meaning no white. We have seals and blues. This was a special pairing, as both have many qualities, the queen does have one fault, her ears sit too high up on her head, but the Daddy, has nice low ears, that I believe will help with part of the kittens, (crossing fingers), but even at a little over a week old, I am seeing things already that I had hoped to see, and I have my eye on a chubby, little seal colorpoint!!

Leslye, the pictures of Dante' were a little fuzzy, but he has a very nice chin line up, in the picture where he is stretching up, and gives a good profile shot. He has a scoop, everyone has their opinion of the scoop, but I personally like the scoop to be a little more defined. We are slowly looking for a high mitted bicolor seal male, so that Berlioz can retire and be are altered pet. Berlioz has many nice traits, and even throws nice clean markings with most of the females, but his scoop is almost straight, and it is coming out in more kittens than not, so while we love him, his kittens, and his temperament, it is time for us to move forward, and find another bicolor boy.

We produced 2 possible show breeders in our last litter. We kept back a beautiful blue mitted male, we named Familytimerags Koda Bear. He turned 16weeks old yesterday. We plan on taking him to his first show in Texas, and then there will be a couple of other shows we hope to make it to in kitten class, and if I remember right the April, OKC show he will be an adult, and able to show in adult class. The little girl will be going to California and her first show will be the beginning of March. The litter came from a bicolor/colorpoint breeding, and our female, who we call Boo Bear, was said to be a mid-high white, so when bred to our colorpoint, we expected True Bi's and mitteds, but she gave us all mitteds, so I am pondering that she may actually be a high-mitted, which is what I prefer working with anyway as far as the bicolors go, but just in case she just decided to throw out all mitteds, we will repeat the breeding, so I can identify her as her correct genotype.

When is Yuki going to her next show? I hope she does well, if you have questons after she is shown, wait for the judges break, or better yet, wait until after the show, and ask the judge to critique Yuki. As you know, the Ragdolls and Birmans have a strict patterning, and the white spotting factor doesn't always place the white where we hope for it to be. They say the nose and chin are perfect when you can line a pencil up to the nose and it should all line up in a straight line. From what I can see Dante' has a chin that lines up well with his nose, and a strong chin. How is her eye color, they judge eye color on seals a little harder than on blues, as they will give a little on the dilute colors in regard to eye color. Does Yuki have nice rounded ears at the top, or are they pointy? Sometimes they appear pointed, due to the tuft, but if they are indeed rounded, use some tweezers and pluck a few of the top hairs to help the judges see the true ear. The tuft inside the ear, doesn't need to be touched.

Oh, and Leslye, I forgot the date, but since you are in Maine, I don't know how close a canada show they are speaking of exactly is, but Dr. Susan Little will be there speaking a seminar, I don't know what she is speaking about though....LOL, but with Dr. Little, it should be an informative speech. I would love to get all the way up to Canada, but I just have to hope, Dr. Susan will come down south a little more. If I am lucky someone will record it and profits can go to HCM research or something. Did you see the totals last year at www.ragdollresearch.org, we beat last years total, and I believe Winn matches part of it. For those of you with Ragdolls, go to www.ragdollresearch.org, and make a contribution, it goes only to helping find the gene or genes that make up HCM, the money has helped them to find out that HCM in not recessive in Ragdolls, and the Maine Coon HCM gene is not the same in Ragdolls. Once we find the gene, they will be able to get a DNA test for this awful disease that attacks all breeds. I feel blessed that our Ragdoll breed was chosen to be the next breed to research HCM.
Kim and Leslye, keep us informed about the babies, and pictures, we need pictures!!

Hugs and Bellyrubs! Tell my Smudgie hi from Auntie Stormi.