Actually, I'm broke because of:
1. Huge cat vet bills from December (over $700 worth), and a $700 car repair;
2. Hubby gets paid by the hour; he's not getting even half of his normal hours the past few weeks; in fact, he didn't even work yesterday (a first);
3. Having to pay to transport a piano (longgg story);
4. Something else, but I can't think of it now!
5. My vacuum cleaner just broke; we need a new one, especially with 9 cats ( 4 of them Maine Coonish in fur!). I have a cheap vacuum for upstairs, but it doesn't accomodate attachments, which I need to do the sofas, etc., and the stairs.
On the bright side:
At least we both have jobs! We have each other and our wonderful kitties, and our decent house, with heat (crappy heat pump, though!); gas has gone down in price; and I thought to stock my pantry full a few months back, so we don't have to buy much food the next month or so--just cat food! Oh, and did I mention our wonderful kitties??? :-)
Here's hoping everyone's wallets become magically full SOON!