TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Gross Nazumi!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Gross Nazumi!

post #1 of 19
Thread Starter 
OH GOD! I smelled something awful so I went to find out what happened. I went into the catroom and Nazumi had pooped all over the room and aparently rolled in it. Now I have to figure out how to bathe a poopy cat and clean up the floor. Now we have 2 invalids in this house. Amber cant do it and Im not sure if I can either. This is gonna be fun. EWWW! He even has it on his head and ears.
post #2 of 19
Sorry, i really shouldn't laugh- but it was just funny the way you said it Good luck trying to bathe him. Since you're not really in a position to move around too much right now- could you use some baby whipes on him tonight to clean him up a bit and then take him to a groomer tomorrow to be bathed? (it won't be much for just a bath)? Good luck!
post #3 of 19
Maybe he thinks he's a dog?
I know my dad's poodle used to roll in some of the nastiest stuff every time she got outside unnoticed.

I feel so bad for you two, going through so much in such a short time.
To paraphrase Nietzsche
That which does not kill you, makes you stronger.
post #4 of 19
ewwwwwwwwwwww. why on Earth do they do silly things like this?
I agree with baby wipes or even a wet wash cloth.
ewwwwwwwwww
post #5 of 19
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR View Post
Sorry, i really shouldn't laugh- but it was just funny the way you said it Good luck trying to bathe him. Since you're not really in a position to move around too much right now- could you use some baby whipes on him tonight to clean him up a bit and then take him to a groomer tomorrow to be bathed? (it won't be much for just a bath)? Good luck!
I think your right. I will call thevets in the morning. They have a groming place there and they do cats. I bet I can get Amber's mom to take him over. He is PO at me right now. He did not like being cleaned up with a wet clothe. Whew he's mad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arlyn View Post
Maybe he thinks he's a dog?
I know my dad's poodle used to roll in some of the nastiest stuff every time she got outside unnoticed.
I feel so bad for you two, going through so much in such a short time.
To paraphase Nietzsche
That which does not kill you, makes you stronger.
Nazumi is just a really weird cat. Funny but weird. He does everything the way he wants when he wants or else he gets PO. Him and Amber are so funny together. They always are fussing at each other. Thanks thats a very good saying. I think I'll write it down and stick it on Ambers phone for her to see inthe morning. She'll like that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by crittermom View Post
ewwwwwwwwwwww. why on Earth do they do silly things like this?
I agree with baby wipes or even a wet wash cloth.
ewwwwwwwwww
He still stinks really bad. I think Im gonna lock him in the cat room now that its clean. He isnt litterbox trained. I thought all cats were. But he isnt if hes by one he will go in it but if he doesnt feel like it. We have a mess.
post #6 of 19
Very good! I think taking him to the vet for a quick bath is the perfect idea since you and amber aren't up to the job right now Till then, baby wipes or wet cloths might work a bit (also, in tiny amounts, it's ok to put a little baby powder or dry shampoo approved for animal use on his fur to help the smell until you can get him to the groomer. put a bit on the fur then brush it through)
post #7 of 19
Ewww Nazumi!!
post #8 of 19
Are you sure he's really a cat?
post #9 of 19
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR View Post
Very good! I think taking him to the vet for a quick bath is the perfect idea since you and amber aren't up to the job right now Till then, baby wipes or wet cloths might work a bit (also, in tiny amounts, it's ok to put a little baby powder or dry shampoo approved for animal use on his fur to help the smell until you can get him to the groomer. put a bit on the fur then brush it through)
He just got back from the vets and he's not a happy guy. Big Bird had to go to the vets too. He couldnt stand this morning and his back legs, hip area was very very swollen. But hes back home now too. He's on Previcox now too. So hopefully that will help him.
Here's a new pic of him.

One from yesterday

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemlady View Post
Are you sure he's really a cat?
No. I swear he is some type of mutant animal.
post #10 of 19
Zumi is in a category of his own, isn't he! Just think how boring life would be without him!
post #11 of 19
Oh my goodness! big bird is adorable!!!!!!!!! I sooooooooo want him!!! I'm glad to hear the vet put him on some meds- hopefully he'll be better soon- also one more thing- has he been tested for heartworm? If he hasn't he does not need to be allowed around the other dogs. / Hows Nazumi doing? I bet he feels better after his bath
post #12 of 19
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by white cat lover View Post
Zumi is in a category of his own, isn't he! Just think how boring life would be without him!
Yes. I never know what to think of him. Hes a strange strange animal. He fits into this family perfectly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR View Post
Oh my goodness! big bird is adorable!!!!!!!!! I sooooooooo want him!!! I'm glad to hear the vet put him on some meds- hopefully he'll be better soon- also one more thing- has he been tested for heartworm? If he hasn't he does not need to be allowed around the other dogs. / Hows Nazumi doing? I bet he feels better after his bath
I know they tested him at the Emergency vets. Since Amber didnt seem concerned Im assuming he tested negative. Hes a healthy boy. I'm really in love with him. You can see more pics here http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/sho...71#post1526971

He's back to his bratty food stealing self. Hes so bad all the time.
post #13 of 19
I'm glad Big Bird is hopefully on the mend now.
post #14 of 19
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by crittermom View Post
I'm glad Big Bird is hopefully on the mend now.
He seems to bouncing back again. Literally. He is a very happy go lucky kinda guy. Everyone hes seen so far he loves. He didnt even have any problem with the cats.
post #15 of 19
That's great that he tested negativeI'm gald to hear he's eating and back to his normal self again
post #16 of 19
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR View Post
That's great that he tested negativeI'm gald to hear he's eating and back to his normal self again
One good thing about the city is there arent any misquitoes here. Amber has never seen one and she spends all her time outside when its warm. I dunno what we are gonna do if we do find his owners. Can you ask someone to reemburse you for vet bills if they didnt give you permission to bring the dog?
post #17 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatlessGoatMan View Post
One good thing about the city is there arent any misquitoes here. Amber has never seen one and she spends all her time outside when its warm.
oh wow! i wish memphis was like that there's mesquitos everywhere around here
post #18 of 19
Sounds to me like Big Bird was meant to be found by Amber! I vote for keeping him! Maybe you should start a poll "Should we keep Big Bird?". I bet all of us would say yes!
post #19 of 19
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR View Post
oh wow! i wish memphis was like that there's mesquitos everywhere around here
Well Im used to living in the country so theres always mesquitos everywhere. I
Quote:
Originally Posted by white cat lover View Post
Sounds to me like Big Bird was meant to be found by Amber! I vote for keeping him! Maybe you should start a poll "Should we keep Big Bird?". I bet all of us would say yes!
I might just do that to show Amber that we need to keep him.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Cat Lounge
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Gross Nazumi!