One of Sneaker's kittens is coming back to me...

godiva

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I guess I'm happy and sad at the same time. I wanted to keep this particular kitten all along, but my husband wouldn't allow it. It turns out something about her new home is stressing her out, and she won't go in her litter box. I've sent the new owner a million articles, but she says she's tried everything. So, after a vet check up for possible health issues (maybe it's something they can fix after all), she is coming back home. So, I am keeping up my end of the contract and making sure Sofia comes back to me, instead of going to the Humane Society. I'm glad the new owner kept in touch with me.

I feel bad for her and her children... it's hard to say goodbye to a pet. And I feel like I have failed them somehow in how I raised the kittens... but, I get to see my precious Sofia again, and daddy's little girl can be back with her daddy!

This is Sofia (the silver spotted kitten) and her daddy:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

godiva

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do you guys mind if I remember Sofia publicly?
I am going through pics, and found some cute ones....

sandtigress

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, I think Sofia will be so happy to be back with her brother and daddy! I remember that sweet little daddy's girl!
At least if her previous home didn't work out, you know she'll have a great home with you.

jane_vernon

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sad that she has to be taken away from her new home, but great that she is coming back to you, her brother, her Dad and Mummy

She was such a gorgeous kitten!

godiva

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks. Hubby is not happy, but he promised to stick to the contract too.
Heh heh heh.

I can't wait to see her... while the new owner was good about e-mailing me, she was horrible about sending me pics! She's over six months old now and I have no idea what she looks like.

celestialrags

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Godiva

Thanks. Hubby is not happy, but he promised to stick to the contract too.
Heh heh heh.
I know what you mean, during the summer when I worked at the shelter, some one brought a pregnant ragdoll into the shelter, we figured that she was breed by a stray, why else bring it in pregnant when your a BYB.
Sje had 6 kittens 4 grey 2 black but they got sick so I took them all home. I found homes for the mom and 5 kittens (after being spayed) we kept one. Some one took 2 of them and had personal problems beyond their control and we took them back
So we have 3 cats and 3 four month old kittens
I hope we find the boys a home soon

Are you going to be keeping Miss Sofia? After being the one you wanted, and adopting out, now they have to bring her back to you.... fate? Or are you re-homing her?

godiva

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hmmm... good question! I want to keep her. I'm not connected with a shelter, so it would be difficult to find her a home at over 6 months, but I'm sure my husband will pressure me to do so. I'm pretty sure we'll end up keeping her anyway. What's one more cat when you already have 7, two of which are elderly and not really ours anyway?

celestialrags

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wonder how they all will react? Mine were all seperated for 3 months, when the boys came back our kitten we kept, Dora was a little leary and hissed. My older spayed female (she loves kittens, she will baby sitt too, and she usually gets along with any thing) was fine, my male wasn't bothered the least by the and they were fine with him and my other female doesn't like them, and now she is fighting with Dora, she has been fine with her all this time, now she is hissing at all three kittens. The kittens are all fine now, but they didn't recognise each other as siblings.

abymummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Shannon, may I say this...Sophia is a seriously good prospect for HHP in shows!!! Not easy to find sweet faced, silver spotted tabbies you know!

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, I'd even consider putting her in the ACFA show with your boy. Just be sure to do the normal introductions like strangers. They won't recognize her as "sister" any more

And maybe if you really want to find her a home, put a little sign on your cage she's up for adoption (and charge adoption fee).

I'm assuming she IS spayed

godiva

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You guys are too much! We'll see what her personality is like before I show her. She was the shy one before, but maybe she blossomed after going to a home where she could get more attention.

Thanks for the reminder about introducing her like a stranger. We catsit the kittens that went to my MIL's often enough to where we don't have to do that, and I would have assumed that we wouldn't have to with Sofia... thanks for letting me know. She is spayed now (at least I don't have to get that done!).

wookie130

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a cute little girl Sofia is!

It's no one's fault that her new home didn't pan out like you hoped...it's just fate's way of placing her where she really belongs - with you and her family!

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sofia is coming home.

I think that it is her destiny to be with you.

I do agree about re-introducing her slowly.
When will this happen?

godiva

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not sure... they are taking her to the vet for a check up to make sure it isn't caused by something medical. If it isn't, I assume we get her shortly after that.

My husband is not liking the idea.... please send vibes that he'll warm up to her and not make me take her to a shelter. I reminded him he said we would take her back too.
I think he is reluctantly remembering that...

anakat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Can't wait to see what see looks like now, she has such a pretty face

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Godiva

I'm not sure... they are taking her to the vet for a check up to make sure it isn't caused by something medical. If it isn't, I assume we get her shortly after that.

My husband is not liking the idea.... please send vibes that he'll warm up to her and not make me take her to a shelter. I reminded him he said we would take her back too.
I think he is reluctantly remembering that...
She can't go to a shelter.

If necessary, if you can keep her for awhile at the very lest, I am sure that somewhere, with help from members here and agressive advertising, you could find her a good home.

Vibes are on the way that you husband will fall madly in love with her.

godiva

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you! He saw my post and pics of Sofia, and he got a little emotional, half-heartedly saying "We can't take her back permanently," but I think that's a good sign.
He'll come around, I just have to tread carefully and take it slowly for now.