Oww!

4crazycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I fell today 3 times. I broke my left thumb and my right arm.
(this is taking forever to write) I went to the emergency room twice. I just got back from the second time. Here's what happened I had to go to work today so when I went out I realized my yard is literally an ice rink. Total ice everywhere. No traction at all. I fell and landed on my left hand. So it started to swell at work. So I went to the emergency room. I knew I broke something. So after waiting 3 hours I find out I broke my thumb.
Its amazing how bad a broken thumb hurts. So anyways I went back to work Kaidence's parents came home I left. On my way home I saw a dog get hit by a car. It got knocked out the people who hit it just kept going so I stopped and saw it was breathing. I picked him up (hes huge!) and put him into the back of my car. I drove home thinking I needed to get my bank card for the E-vet. And he woke up. Hes fine other then stiff back legs and limping a little. He's got some bruising but he got a clean bill of health from the e-vet. No broken bones or anything. Im pretty sure he's just a puppy. Gets along fine with my dogs and the cats. I'm gonna have to go out and put up posters tomorow. Do some calling to local rescues. No work though. He's fine and running around. Playing, eating and very active. I cant keep him down!

Anyways to how I broke my arm.
I was outside making sure Buddy (my trouble maker) was behavingn with Big Bird (yes I named him) and they both came running at me top speed on the roller rink. You can guess what happened. They couldnt stop fast enough and plowed right into me.
I went flying and crashed down like a ton of bricks. Landed on my arm. I calmy brought the dogs back inside, told John what happened, told him I'm going to the ER and off I drove. Verdict... Hairline fracture right below the elbow and dislocated my elbow. It didnt hurt that bad at first. But now it hurts like crazy.
It hurts!

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
First let me tell you how sorry I am you broke your thumb and your arm.

Your story is funny though.

And I have always been told if you name an animal then it is yours.

I do hope that you have a better day tomorrow.

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG!!! I am so sorry you got hurt.And the worse thing, is you can't even take pain meds.
Did they do an ultrasound to make sure Lava Girl is o.k. too? Non cramping or any spotting?

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG Amber!!! I'm so glad your okay! You need to be more careful hun

I can't beleive you broke 2 bones in one day
Poor thing..

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Amber, you need major protective vibes. Be careful on the ice (like where was I before you went out, right?)

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, I didn't know she was pregnant, I would not have thought her story was funny, I am sorry

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow, all in one day? I hope Lava Girl is okay!

Be more careful next time you venture outside, hun!

tavia'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was going to ask too is the baby okay. And was going to send some vibes and thank you for rescuing the dog.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

4crazycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LSULOVER

First let me tell you how sorry I am you broke your thumb and your arm.

Your story is funny though.

And I have always been told if you name an animal then it is yours.

I do hope that you have a better day tomorrow.
No he's not staying. I'm positive he has an owner. He's newly bathed, very well taken care of and has a new collar. Plus he's house trained, knows basic commands and is very well bahaved. But he's here as long as it takes to find his owners. John is bad he said we shouldnt even look. He loves him.

Originally Posted by crittermom

OMG!!! I am so sorry you got hurt.And the worse thing, is you can't even take pain meds.
Did they do an ultrasound to make sure Lava Girl is o.k. too? Non cramping or any spotting?
Thank you. Your right I cant be on any pan killers. So Im feeling all the pain. Lava Girl is fine. Shes very active. They didnt do a ultrasound but they did listen to her heartbeat and it was 138. Which is normal for her.
Originally Posted by gemlady

OW!!!!
Here are some {{{{{healing vibes}}}}} for you.
Thank you. I need them.
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

OMG Amber!!! I'm so glad your okay! You need to be more careful hun

I can't beleive you broke 2 bones in one day
Poor thing..
John laughed at me and said Im the only person he knows who can break 2 different parts of the body on the same day in different accidents.
Hes so nice isnt he? But hes actually being very sweet.
Originally Posted by katachtig

Amber, you need major protective vibes. Be careful on the ice (like where was I before you went out, right?)
Thank you. Yeah I figured out after the first fall that I probably shouldnt be out to much. But I had to go to work. And I didnt want Buddy attacking Big Bird after all hes been threw today. Im trying to keep thedogs inside as much as possible because knowing my 2 they are just as prone to getting hurt as I am.

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm glad Lava girl is o.k. Now, for you to get some rest and get better too. Prop your arm up and that should help with the swelling and some pain. Can you take Tylenol? Regular Tylenol? I know alot of Drs. are different and some say it's o.k and others say no.
Maybe call your OB tomm. and tell them what happened and see if there is anything you can take for the pain.
Oh sweetie!!!! I'm sending healing vibes that way!! HUGS!!!

4crazycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I'm glad Lava girl is o.k. Now, for you to get some rest and get better too. Prop your arm up and that should help with the swelling and some pain. Can you take Tylenol? Regular Tylenol? I know alot of Drs. are different and some say it's o.k and others say no.
Maybe call your OB tomm. and tell them what happened and see if there is anything you can take for the pain.
Oh sweetie!!!! I'm sending healing vibes that way!! HUGS!!!
The ERdoctor said I shouldnt take anything. I will call my OB in the morning. But I know she hates me to take any medicine at all. Maybe she will say ok since Im hurting so bad though.

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hope for your sake that she says it's o.k. Mine said I could.My Sisters OB even prescribed Tylenol 3 for her migranes while she was pg. I WOULDN'T have taken them, but she did.
Another thing, ice it as much as you can to help the selling and pain.

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
OMG you poor thing!!!!!! I swear you and John have the WORST luck!!!!

Lots of healing vibes for you, I hope the pain doesn't get any worse

rina_marie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry you're hurt... that must be awful (though it WILL be funny 20 years from now!) I hope you heal QUICKLY!

I'm pretty new here, so maybe I missed this, but how did you come up with "Lava Girl"???

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh & I thought my day was bad!
Yours most certainly tops mine! I'm glad ot hear Lava Girl was OK, she was my first thought when I saw this thread. I know you've mentioned it before, but when is the planned C-section?

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Feb. 27th is her c-section.
Lava girl is just a nickname that Amber and John came up with for the time being. I LOVE it!!!!

4crazycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sarahp

OMG you poor thing!!!!!! I swear you and John have the WORST luck!!!!

Lots of healing vibes for you, I hope the pain doesn't get any worse
Thanks. Johns luck is getting better. He's walking around with a cane now. Looks like an old man but hes walking.
Me on the other hand Ive always had ealth problems and Ive always hurt myself alot. I lived in the hospital as a kid.
Im hoping I can get things worked out before Lava Girl is born.
Originally Posted by Rina_Marie

I'm so sorry you're hurt... that must be awful (though it WILL be funny 20 years from now!) I hope you heal QUICKLY!

I'm pretty new here, so maybe I missed this, but how did you come up with "Lava Girl"???
Thanks. Its kinda funny even now because thinking about what it looked like me screaming seeing the 2 dogs flying towards me legs braced but not stopping and then bam. It felt like slow motion.
John came up with Lava Girl. I was callingn her Slug and he hated that.
So he told me wwe needed to come up withsomething better to call her. We were at Blockbuster and he saw Shark Boy and Lava Girl. Said hello there Lava Girl and thats the end of that. It just stuck.

Now Im going to bed because John said I need to go to sleep and prop my arm up. I know really thought he's wanting to play games on here.
But oh well. Night for now.