Making life easier

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
What modern gadgets do you use that make your life easier?

I am not speaking of dishwashers, microwaves, etc but the more trendy newer gadgets...along the lines of cell phones, ipods...

What do you use and why?

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Network Intreface Cards (NICs) the whole internet thing makes my life a TON easier.

Also cell phones make my life easier.

Both of these because I am gone a lot from home and cannot be reached simply by leaving a voicemail. Often I am not home until 9 or 10 at night and leave at 7 am. I personally do not like to call between between these hours so if I have chance to talk to someone between 7 am - 10 pm, then cell phone or email will make that happen.

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't have a cell phone, and I don't want one, I hate them. I am the only person in my family that doesn't have one. My family has tried to talk me into getting one for years, but it ain't never gonna happen.

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I use a cell phone and have an international texting plan which helps me keep in at least some kind of affordable contact with family back home who do not have computers.

I also have an iPod that lets me make playlists of music that I can switch between easily without carrying a load of CDs

a skype phone (and now voip with Vonage) helps keep costs of calling home down

oh and my digital camera, because I love checking out the photo before leaving so I know it came out decent

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Both hubby and I have cell phones.My daughter has one, though we haven't added time to it for a little while.
For Christmas, we bought a DVD recorder.Hubby also got me a touch screen video camera.I have a digital camera as well.We have DirecTv also

miss mew

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'd have to say my cell phone. I don't particularly like it but it is necessary for work purposes.

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
My IPOD doesn't really make my life easier as much as it helps me destress a lot at work. I work in cubical land and being able to have any of my hundreds of CDs available helps my worklife easier to tolerate.

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I love the wireless router at home. I can take my laptop on the deck and overlook the lake while I TCS!!

Cell phones are convenient but I have a love-hate relationship with them.

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by crittermom

Both hubby and I have cell phones.My daughter has one, though we haven't added time to it for a little while.
For Christmas, we bought a DVD recorder.Hubby also got me a touch screen video camera.I have a digital camera as well.We have DirecTv also
I have a dvd recorder that I got last year for Christmas, I makd dvd's all the time now. And we also have DISH and we have local cable too.

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Our DVR that records my favorite shows. I don't know how many times Earl has drug me out somewhere on Thursday when Grey's Anatomy is on and I would have been beyond furious if I had missed it.

Digital camera without a doubt. I was always horrible about getting film developed.

Not really a gadget, but internet radio has made my life nicer. Our office is in a valley and gets terrible FM reception. Now I can listen to uninterrupted music at work without listening to static too.

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a basic, pay as you go cell phone. Has come in handy several times for emergencies.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I couldn't live without my PocketPC. It synchs easily with Outlook, so it is SO easy to carry my contacts and schedule around with me all the time. I use it as a notepad when I don't have paper handy but need to write something down. It's got games for when I'm waiting with Gary at a Doctor's office... you can download books to read... (if you can deal with reading on a 3" screen
) It's got Word and Excel on it, so I can easily transport files that I need to synch at the office or need to reference during the day when I'm not at work/home.

You can get them with wireless chips so you can get your e-mail or surf the net.

And it's slim and small, so it slips into anything I'm carrying or a shirt pocket or something.

There are PDA phones - but I didn't want the cellphone, just the PDA.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Momofmany

I love the wireless router at home. I can take my laptop on the deck and overlook the lake while I TCS!!

Cell phones are convenient but I have a love-hate relationship with them.
Totally forgot - I LOVE having the wireless router! I can work in the kitchen while cooking. And right now I'm lying in bed with the laptop.....

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't have anything fancy..Just a cell phone, and I love my mp3 player. I can't imagine taking a walkman to the gym now

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Probably my cell phone- definately helps when I'm on the road traveling to see family

My digital camera... when it works!

Can I say my new Egg&Muffin Toaster? That thing is VERY helpful when I'm in a hurry and need to make breakfast/lunch fast!

katl8e

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I love my digital camera, especially since the grandkids were born - instant gratification and I don't waste film on bad pix.

With my Black & Decker Bottle and Jar Opener, I don't need a man around for ANYTHING

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I got a cell phone for my business last March-I just need a phone I don't use any of the extra stuff on it. The digital camera makes me take lots more pictures than I used too. I got a hand crank am/fm/weatherband radio but it fell off the truck bed so now I have to use batteries unless I can figure out how to get it fixed!! It was handy on my jobsites.
I haven't decided if I want an MP3 player or not. When I walk outside I listen to public radio on yet another am/fm radio also gets the local TV stations and had a weatherband too. I can have it on my pocket or it has an armband. I use that every day!!
One other item I use alot is my Braun Immersion blender-it also have a whisk and a chopper attachments. I use that just about every day.

sibohan2005

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Digital cameras are great because I can erase the ones I don't want and download the ones I do want.
Also Portable phones are great when I get on the phone with a long winded friend I can do other things while talking to them.