Bank and Donate Question

consumerkitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The point system is starting to make sense but how does the bank amount differ and how is it accumulated? If you click the donate link under someone's name does that mean you can give your points to them?

snosrap5

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yes, if you click donate under someones name you can donate points to them.

If you transfer points to your bank you can earn points as it sits in the bank.

Use me as an example

I have right now

16 points
155 are in the bank
for a total of 171

Every time I post I earn 5 points but if I don't bank them I can't earn any interest of them.
As well as you can't buy anything unless at least 200 points out of the bank.

I hope that helped without causing anymore confusion.

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You can put your points in the Bank and earn interest at a rate of 2%. It's better than no interest at all, right?
You do have to withdraw the points from the Bank to make a purchase.

You can give your points to another member with the Donate link. This will become more useful as we all accumulate points.
The idea is that you can offer or pay for "services" - i.e. someone helps you with a technical question, hosts a signature on their image account, makes a graphic or siggy for you, etc.

lorie d.

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I haven't been here for a couple of weeks and this whole system has me confused.
Is there a link to a thread that gives complete information that someone could post for me? Also is there a special place where we can spend our points?

lorie d.

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks, but it looks like that page has already been removed from the server, and I'm confused about that too. I really need to find a way to be here more often again, so I can be more informed about new improvements and changes.

This is the message I got when I clicked on the link.

Page Not Found
Written by TheCatSite.com

We're sorry, but it looks like the page you were looking for no longer exists on our server.

Use our top navigation menu to browse through our cat articles and visit our forums for more cat advice.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Lorie D.

Thanks, but it looks like that page has already been removed from the server, and I'm confused about that too. I really need to find a way to be here more often again, so I can be more informed about new improvements and changes.

This is the message I got when I clicked on the link.

Page Not Found
Written by TheCatSite.com

We're sorry, but it looks like the page you were looking for no longer exists on our server.

Use our top navigation menu to browse through our cat articles and visit our forums for more cat advice.
Try this:
http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=111771

eburgess

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't understand the whole points system. Why did they start it anyway. What's the point, to decorate our username?? I have read the thread but I still don't understand. Why do I want to earn points in the first place? What is wrong with just reading and posting like we have always done.

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by eburgess

I don't understand the whole points system. Why did they start it anyway. What's the point, to decorate our username?? I have read the thread but I still don't understand. Why do I want to earn points in the first place? What is wrong with just reading and posting like we have always done.
I think it is to encourage OTHER people to join instead of just lurking.
I think it is a WONDERFULLY fun idea and enjoy it!!!

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Originally Posted by eburgess

It's meant to add to the overall user experience and make things more fun. Some people actually enjoy building up on a pretty username adorned with ribbons and gifts. It's perfectly ok if you don't, of course. You can still go on and post as usual - no harm done

Eventually, we hope to see the points become a sort of board currency, where people will gain points in various ways, such as posting, contests, donations, and use them to award people who help them with answers, make signatures for them etc. I am looking into ways of creating some tangible benefits for points too, such as discount coupons for buying cat products, but I want to get a stable system running first.