Most valuable thing destroyed by cats?

cata_mint

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Tilly, who is incidently for sale to the highest bidder got spooked while standing next to the computer monitor. One claw puncture makes ALOT of damage
We've just replaced it to the tune of £150 or $300

We're hoping to get a couple of quid for her to go towards the cost

Make me feel less like selling her as a rat catcher/ fish bait and share!

emrldsky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Brandon's mom had a friend of hers paint a Christmas ornament ball for us for Christmas one year. It was really cute. She painted Brandon and I as snowpeople with Purdue hats and scarves. When I used to take Scotty over to Brandon's place (I was moving in across the street soon and I wanted Scotty to get used to the layout), he used to climb everywhere when we'd leave.

Well, Brandon had the ornament hanging on a hook on top of his desk. I said, "You might want to put that away while we're gone." He said, "No no, it'll be fine."

Yeah, it was in pieces when we got back. He knocked it off the desk and it hit the window sill on its way down.

The woman painted another, but it wasn't the same.

sibohan2005

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww poor Tilly, she was only doing what's natural for cats.

The most expensive thing my cats past and present destroyed was a fush tank filled with tropical fish. Smokey steped on the thermostat and boiled the fish to death.

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Louie has accidentally knocked my sterling silver picture frames off of the top of my entertainment center (way taller than my head....), breaking all of the glass in them.... also, my dad got me these "ornaments" from Africa that are balls that are animals, one is an elephant rounded, a zebra, a giraffe, a lion....I had them on holders on top of my tv.....yeah, the elephant one broke into 1000 pieces.....
I wasn't too mad cause I know it wasn't malicious, but I wasn't happy it was broken. Oh, and yes, it was definately Louie, I had LuckyGirl for 6 months, and she was always on top of the entertainment center, and never broke 1 thing ever.

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have a couple of arm chairs in tatters, but I think #1 is the organ. We had it covered but someone uncovered it and ruined it somehow.

jenny82

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tall colored glass candleholders that we got as a wedding present.

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nothing to valuable yet! Some nice candle holders and some sentimenal dishes have been knocked off the counter. But that is about it.

*lulu*

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Cheeky Tilly.

Ages ago Max and Billy were charging around the house and Billy decided to try and pull himself up the cabinet by holding onto a mat. The only problem was that it had a nice big glass fruit bowl on the top. And you can guess where that ended up. In the bin!! It fell off and smashed

It was a present to my mum and dad for the wedding I think. So over 16years at least....plus the rest

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh theres been quite a few things that Kahu has destroyed. I have learned not to leave valuables out.

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rosiemac

Ack i've just had my leather sofas 3 months and Sophies caught one of them with her claws a couple of times.
yep same here, trouble is not so sure which little monkey did it
but the smallest and cutest is up for questioning

Miss Moofs knocked a swarowksi figurine flying across the lounge
Funny how things like that always end up 3 miles away from where they started
DH suggested glueing it
yeah right...............

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A stunning antique crystal lamp my mom has had forever (it was a pair...so now there's just one) Abbie was chasing Velvet- and Velvet zoomed onto the little table in the living room and knocked it over.....it shattered into a million little pieces

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a $1600 scratching post that used to be a tapestry covered wing chair and ottoman. I'm going to have it re-upholstered in a more durable fabric!!