Umm...confused on a term

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
With the email from the director to try and get me into a company for some grad work, I replied back thanking him, saying I owe him a Newcastle. (He's a very personable guy and likes his beer and cigars)

The director replied back saying "...the guys are real players and you would be a good fit with them".

Ummm...I'm confused. So I'm a player as in "playa"? Or that I mess with people to get what I want? Or person/people with a drive for success in the business their in?

I'm hoping its the last one

emrldsky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would go with the last one.
It wouldn't be professional to refer to you as a "playa," and it really wouldn't be a nice thing for him to suggest you mess with people.

Or, it could mean that they are good at "going with the flow." (Kind of like they can "play along" with an situation.) *shrug*

It's really hard to know without knowing the director.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
maybe he forget "team" as in "team players"
hope he didn't mean playas, that would really make no sense
is there something you're not telling us Jenney??

lisasha3

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sounds to me he meant player as in - like to go out, have a good time, - play.
I think he just used the wrong word. I could be wrong, but it sounded like he was saying you'd fit in good cause you like to "play", not that you're a player. Does that make any sense at all??

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lisasha3

Sounds to me he meant player as in - like to go out, have a good time, - play.
I think he just used the wrong word. I could be wrong, but it sounded like he was saying you'd fit in good cause you like to "play", not that you're a player. Does that make any sense at all??
I'd think this too, or that they are "characters" as in they are real charachters you'd fit in well....

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oooo...I didn't think about Team players!

I'm sure he wasn't calling me a playa or insulting me. Just sometimes I get confused on terms when they're used all over the place (like Player)