No, NO, Ferris, Plastic bags are NOT kitty treats!

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yup, caught him red-pawed last night. I heard a funny noise, leaned over to the far side of my bed, and there he was, sitting on top of a plastic grocery bag. No biggie, I thought, and went back to reading my book.

Then the noises got louder, and I leaned over again to see what he was DOING with the bag, and caught him just as he tore a small piece of it off and started to EAT IT!!!

OMG - I told him NO!
and he ran, then I picked up the bag, and what I held up in the air totally shocked me - it looked like swiss cheese!!!

It appears that Ferris had been entertaining himself by standing on the bag to hold it down while ripping off a piece with his teeth so he could eat it. I have no idea how much he ingested, but he is eating and drinking and using the litter box just fine, so I'll just keep an eye on him, I guess.

Time to lock up all stray plastic bags at my house...

neetanddave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nat is always talking about Trout doing that too. Mine just like to play with them.... Sandy, who weight about 5 pounds, love to sit inside one while we carry her around!

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
oh boy, Ferris you like to worry your Meowmy a lot don't you! drinking mylar flavored water, eating plastic bags, hiding your toys, what next!?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't even want to know the answer to that question, LOL!

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by neetanddave

Nat is always talking about Trout doing that too. Mine just like to play with them.... Sandy, who weight about 5 pounds, love to sit inside one while we carry her around!
Louie likes to do the same thing....then while your carrying him he peeks his head out and then ducks back in, like he's hiding in there, and none of us know that he's in the bag....
Now, LuckyGirl, she will take a flying leap and land in the bag and go whizzing across the hardwood floors....