vbPlaza Help

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Anne is making a detailed help thread, but in the mean time, I thought a few screenshots would help people understand a little more

This is the main vBPlaza menu found at the top of the page (where your PMs and User CP is)

You can click on the links to use the different features of the vBPlaza

First, you can put money in the bank where it will earn interest and make you more money

You need to deposit and withdraw separately. Once you type an amount in the deposit box, click deposit. likewise with the withdrawals and the withdraw button.

To give a gift to someone, there are a few options.

First you choose if you would like to remain anonymous or have the person know its from you.
Then you choose the gift you want to buy by clicking through the gift menu
Then type in the recipient's exact username
and type a message to go on the 'gift tag'
Click purchase

Buying ribbons is very similar only there is no drop down menu showing the gifts, they appear above and you just choose the colour (cause) you want from the drop down menu

You can also donate to people using the donate button in their profiles or using the donate button on the vBPlaza menu

type the required info and click purchase

Hope that helps

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Thank you! I was just working on screenshots of the various options available in the shop for those who can't see them, I'll add them here and then we can sticky this thread!

For those of you who can't see the shop because they don't have 200 points in the account right now, here is something to help you windowshop with

The shop begins with this menu -

These is what you get when you have click on each of the options -

Eithne explained everything so well, I think all I can add is a list of the ribbons -

angelkitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Okay.. I'm having my blonde moment.. If I'm trying to get an awareness ribbon.. Do they have to be available?? I don't get it.. I keep getting a message saying there isn't any..

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by angelkitty

Okay.. I'm having my blonde moment.. If I'm trying to get an awareness ribbon.. Do they have to be available?? I don't get it.. I keep getting a message saying there isn't any..
They do have to be available when you look, and you also have to have enough points outside of the bank. I believe they cost around 211, with tax.

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So do you only accumulate points when you refer someone? Or are there other ways to rack up the points? Is the sole purpose to have referrals sign up? I guess I'm not totally understanding the purpose.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

You accumulate points for every post you make, you get a pay cheque if you are a subscriber, I seen a post somewhere that there will be new ways to accumulate points, through helping people or winning competitions etc, I guess.

The referrals are just a bonus number of points for bringing new peeps to TCS

lovemybabies

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have over 200 points but it tells me I don't have enough points to donate/give gifts. Any ideas why?

EDIT: nevermind, it just worked this time!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by batgirl2good

I'd like it if we could see what all is in the gift shop and how many points it costs so that we could be saving up.
I think most (or all gifts) are 200 with tax its like 212

batgirl2good

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by babyharley

I think most (or all gifts) are 200 with tax its like 212
Thank you very much. Several very kind friends have given me gifts. I'd rather wait until I have enough points to buy them all something in return instead of giving one gift at a time.

sanctie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not trying to be the scrooge here, but out of curiosity, if we don't want to participate in this whole point system is there any opt out option or do we just not worry about it?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't think there is a way to opt out, but if you don't want to take part, you don't have to do anything with your points.

ilovesiamese

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm just wondering why when I click on give gifts, it says the item you are trying to purchase is out of stock???

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by IloveSiamese

I'm just wondering why when I click on give gifts, it says the item you are trying to purchase is out of stock???
Once in awhile the store is sold out- which means you have to wait for more gifts to be replenished.

ilovesiamese

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks!!!

I just thought it was sorta weird that these little images could be sold out

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by batgirl2good

Thank you very much. Several very kind friends have given me gifts. I'd rather wait until I have enough points to buy them all something in return instead of giving one gift at a time.
Actually, you can only give one gift at a time, as the shop is set to prevent "flooding". Once you give one gift, you're prevented from giving another for about two minutes. The shop sells out quickly at certain times of the day, so you may only be able to give two or three gifts during one sitting.