The newest trend in purses??

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I subscribe to the Wall Street Journal and on the front page today the high end designers have a new "trend" in purses. They are made of PVC and are transparent
How would you like to own one of these at a price of $700 and up?? I'm sure this will trickle down to the mass markets sometime.
It was suggested you could like the purse (with an expensive scarf !) to "hide" your stuff or spend even more money and buy a smaller purse to carry your stuff on put it in the transparent one.
Would you really buy one???

angelkitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Isn't PVC kind of heavy.. I just can't imagine myself wanting something soo modern like...

Not if it was louis vuitton,, well then maybe.. LOL
I'm shooting for one of those right now!!!

Put can't say I'd fall into the PVC purse crazeee...

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't think I would buy one. But without seeing them I can't say for sure. I did end up with one of those cigar box purses (my sister gave it to me) and I only carried it once.

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This would have been great for my friend who worked in a check cashing store. She had to use a zip lock bag because they required that the women carry see through bags.

I saw a bag the other day that was made of nothing but zippers. Here they are... Zip its

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Didn't they have this in tote bags a few years back?

I think I'll stick to my $5 WalMart clearance purse.

angelkitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by gemlady

Didn't they have this in tote bags a few years back?

I think I'll stick to my $5 WalMart clearance purse.
Honestly the $5 walmart clearence purses really stand up better then the expensive purses..

I bought a knockoff lv wallet $75 buckets.. It fell apart... I won't be doing that again anytime soon..

I can't imagine paying $700 on a purse that will fall apart.. I'd go to pieces...

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'd never spend that much on a purse because I love the bag I already carry.

I have a bag that I bought for $100.00 four and a half years ago. It has been: on fire, dropped in a mud puddle, kicked, abused, lost, found, used as a pillow, and loved by me since the day it came by UPS. It was worth every penny, but is getting close to retirement. Ladies and gentlemen I normally don't share who I got my bag from, but to my lucky friends on TCS I'll share the link.

http://www.timbuk2.com/tb2/retail/catalog.htm

You can build your own, and it makes a wonderful gift.

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a brand new cream colored Kenneth Cole purse that I got at the salvation army for $19.....it had the tags on it & everything. It was a donation from a store called Urban Outfitters....they donated a truck full of brand new stuff....I was donating my old clothes & walked in to get a receipt, and saw it behind the register....it was quite the find!

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
lookingglass... thank you for sharing! WHat a cool site & bag. Next time I'm in the market for a new bag I may have to splurge on one of those.

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by twstychik

lookingglass... thank you for sharing! WHat a cool site & bag. Next time I'm in the market for a new bag I may have to splurge on one of those.
Let me tell you it's worth it... the only reason I need to get a new one is I had a coffee explosion on the inside. The outside looks like the day I took it out of the box.

squirtle

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by angelkitty

Honestly the $5 walmart clearence purses really stand up better then the expensive purses..

I bought a knockoff lv wallet $75 buckets.. It fell apart... I won't be doing that again anytime soon..

I can't imagine paying $700 on a purse that will fall apart.. I'd go to pieces...
Knock off purses arent made as well as the real ones... The stitching is often different, etc.
Having carried the cheaper purses that you buy in stores such as Target for many years and having switched to carrying designer purses (Coach and D&B) within the last 3 years, I have to say that in my experience the more expensive ones are made much better.
As into purses as I am, if it becomes trendy, I can't discount myself from buying it

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't like purses as it is...they annoy me. So spending $700 on one isn't likely to happen.

Plus if its clear, why would I want everyone to see when "its that time of the month" by looking at the amount of tampons I have in my purse?!

maddensmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wouldn't buy it. For one, I wouldn't spend that much money on a purse, and for two, I don't like everyone else "in my business"

snuzy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lunasmom

I don't like purses as it is...they annoy me. So spending $700 on one isn't likely to happen.

Plus if its clear, why would I want everyone to see when "its that time of the month" by looking at the amount of tampons I have in my purse?!

Even if I had the money, I wouldn't spend it on that. $20 is plenty and they still last. THere just for carrying stuff around. (Can you tell I'm not a fashion conscious consumer? That's why my DH loves me.
)

lionessrampant

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lookingglass

I'd never spend that much on a purse because I love the bag I already carry.

I have a bag that I bought for $100.00 four and a half years ago. It has been: on fire, dropped in a mud puddle, kicked, abused, lost, found, used as a pillow, and loved by me since the day it came by UPS. It was worth every penny, but is getting close to retirement. Ladies and gentlemen I normally don't share who I got my bag from, but to my lucky friends on TCS I'll share the link.

http://www.timbuk2.com/tb2/retail/catalog.htm

You can build your own, and it makes a wonderful gift.
Oooooh! I have a laptop sleeve and hot pink messenger from them! I LOVE Timbuk2!

I have a couple purses...I have 2 coach bags (which I love!), I have a Vera Bradley tote (that exact one, if the link works right) and I have a purse my friend handmade for me...she makes them herself out of multi-colored duct tape and random vintage pop art

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Who in the world would want a see through purse?

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't use purses.. but what if you were carrying something "embarrassing" like ~ladies products~.

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by lunasmom

Yeah I agree. To me they're for lugging around stuff that you need to have with you, and I don't want that on display all the time! I think a see through PVC purse would look junky.