Tip: How you can get 1000 bonus points today!

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
You can get
1000 Bonus Points
by referring new members to TCS!

Every new member that you refer gets you 1000 points as soon as they register. Refer 2 members and win 2000 points, 3 members get you 3000 points and so on - no limit!

To make sure your referral is tracked your username has to show up as the referral in the new member's registration form. You can either tell them to put it there, or you can use your own referral link. Once they use this link, they automatically get your username in their submission form.

To find what your referral link is please click here -
http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/faq...errals_explain

It will generate your own unique referral link on that page.

Now that you have your link, place it on your site, your blog, your signature in other boards (where allowed, of course!), email it to people whom you think might be interested. Add a few words about what TCS is, be creative and let them know about how this is a place to get cat advice, share cat stories and meeting likeminded cat lovers.

Help TCS become the largest cat lovers community on the net and help new people find out about this place!

Before you start recruiting please note -

1. We are looking to attract genuine cat lovers who will become active contributing members. Please keep that in mind as you invite people to join us here.

2. No duplicate registrations from the same computer are allowed! Please don't "create" an account for a friend or a family member. This will trigger our multiple registration filters and could get your own account into trouble.

3. Please don't spam anyone! Do email friends, relatives or anyone that you think might be interested in joining TCS, but do so on a personal basis and don't mass email. Don't spam other boards either - you can use your referral link and create a small text ad for TCS with it, but please check the rules first and see if such a link is allowed.

NOTE: Members who pay for a subscription get:
  • Access to our subscriber lounge.
  • 1000 TCS points.
  • 500 TCS points every Monday after you've subscribed.
  • The ability to upload your own custom avatar.
  • Increased avatar to 120x120 pixels.
  • The ability to make your own custom user title.
  • Access to buy *various customizations for your username and title with TCS points.
  • 30% discount on all TCS points purchases.
  • PM box capacity increased to 500 PM's.
  • More picture attachments.
*Various customizations include:
  • username, user title or thread glow
  • username, user title or thread font
  • username, user title or thread color
  • username, user title or thread shadow
  • username, user title or thread italic
  • username, user title or thread bold
  • username, user title or thread underline

catlessgoatman

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
2. No duplicate registrations from the same computer are allowed! Please don't "create" an account for a friend or a family member. This will trigger our multiple registration filters and could get your own account into trouble.
Me and Amber are registered under the same computer. I know we are already joined but does this affect us in any way?

cheeseface

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by CatlessGoatMan

Me and Amber are registered under the same computer. I know we are already joined but does this affect us in any way?
Don't worry. This doesn't affect our existing users.

cheeseface

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by mzjazz2u

What are these bonus points for?
These are virtual points, so you can do things such as donate them to another user, buy virtual gifts for users and other things, such as purchase a glow color for your username. The cheapest things are gifts and ribbons starting at 200 points.

whisky'sdad

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm not on this site much...so I have no clue what these points are for. Can someone explain or point me to the correct thread.

Thanks!

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SillyJilly

Would it affect me if my DH signed up on his own computer though we run off the same network and IP? We use different computers.
Thats an excellent question. Actually I was wondering this myself.

sillyjilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SillyJilly

Would it affect me if my DH signed up on his own computer though we run off the same network and IP? We use different computers.
Originally Posted by twstychik

Thats an excellent question. Actually I was wondering this myself.
Yeah, I'm not sure if he even would sign up an account, but I show him stuff on here all the time, and if he descided to sign up I wouldn't want to jeopardise my account, as I would DIE without TCS!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Well, think of it this way. The aim of rewarding people with points for referring people is for us to get a natural and real growth in the number of contributing members. We don't want you to get family membes or friends to sign-up just so you can get the bonus points... We want to reward you for bringing in new contributing members.

Now, if a family member is genuinely interested in joining TCS and becoming a participating member, then please let us know, explain who they are and where they would be logging in from. Contact Ryan (Hydroaxe) and let him know in advance and once he gives you the all-clear, your account is safe

sillyjilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh yes I understand, I just know that my DH had talked about it in the past and when you said that multiple accounts might affect our account, I got real worried!! I love TCS too much to let him signing up ruin that for me. I wouldn't even mind that if he did sign up that you didn't give me points for him, I just wanted to be able to keep my account too!

Thanks again guys!!!

markvg

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
LSULOVER told me about this site via telephone a week or so ago. If you can get her whatever "bonus" points she deserves, it would be appreciated. Whatever the marketing thing is makes no difference to me... I'm just glad LSULOVER told me about here.

neetanddave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by markvg

LSULOVER told me about this site via telephone a week or so ago. If you can get her whatever "bonus" points she deserves, it would be appreciated. Whatever the marketing thing is makes no difference to me... I'm just glad LSULOVER told me about here.
I think she got them retroactivally....

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
No, she got whatever points she had from other sources. I just gave her an extra 1000 for bringing markvg to the site!

abymummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Anne,

Just wanted to say that I can now see the glow/halo around your name!!!

abymummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
To add on my comment above, I can only see the glow when I'm on IE and not firefox!!

purrpaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Abymummy

To add on my comment above, I can only see the glow when I'm on IE and not firefox!!
Is that why I don't see it? I'm using FF. I can see the people with the pink names, though.

purrpaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by icklemiss21

Yes, firefox does not see the glow but does see the bold / colours
Darn! I was thinking about buying the glow if I save up enough points, but if I can't see it I guess I won't