What Magazines Do You Subscribe To???

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was wondering what magazines everyone out there enjoys reading. Do you have any subscriptions? I have two. First and foremost i am a Cosmopolitan girl
I have a subscription to Cosmo and I also have one to Redbook. I'm thinking about getting one for Lucky and Glamour as well. I am a Huge magazine fan
My mom has a subscription to Better Home and Garden and Martha Stewart Living. I LOVE those too
If i move out anytime soon- i'll definitely get the martha stewart one. i love it
What magazines do you enjoy reading???

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Actually until a few days ago my answer would have been none. However I decided to order the following so I'm just waiting on my first issues

Chatelain
Flare
Homemaker Magazine

I'm thinking of getting a Readers Digest subscription too. I really enjoy that magazine.

I picked Flare because the images of the models give me ideas of things I can do for my 3d graphics hobby.

Chatelain because the recipes and articles. And Homemaker Magazine because of the recipes.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh I have a bad habit of subscribing to magazines ...... Cat Fancy, Time, People, Better Homes and Garden, Family Circle, Good Housekeeping, Birmingham Business Journal, Southern Living,............. there's more I just cant think of them now.

4crazycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I subscribe to about a zillion differentparenting magazines. Well actually I signed up to get free ones right when I found out about Lava Girl and I get ton of them. I dont really pay much attention to them. Also I get Missouri Conservationist.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lionessrampant

I must be absolutely weird for a 20-something...I cannot STAND Cosmo!
Say it ain't so

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Back when I was in my 20's I used to read Cosmo all of the time and saved every issue too. I had stacks and stacks of them. When I got into my 30's I started to find the magazine rather lame. Way too many advertisements. Heck, I think the first articles don't start for something like 30 pages by the time you get past the table of contents and various ads.

Plus I got tired of all of the "how to please your man" articles and "how to get a ahead in your job" with some skinny hot model posed on the corner of a desk. Women are capable of so much more than office jobs, and they don't seem to want to address that because working as a welder or a plumber and getting paid $40.00 an hour isn't glamourous or the image that Cosmo wants to portray. They are all about beauty and fashion and with that goes "office work."

I do however buy one issue per year and that's January for the bedside astrologer section. Though I didn't buy one this year because they changed it so much and all of the good stuff that was in it is gone. So I doubt I'll be even buying that one issue anymore.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I save all of my Cosmos too
I also saved all of my Teen and Seventeen magazines when i was younger. They're all filed away and stored alphabetically. I'm saving them for someday when I have a daughter (and she's old enough and mature enough to read them).
I'm also saving some of my clothes,shoes, etc just a few favorites too

emily_325

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've never been a big magazine person. The only one that I get now that I subscribed to myself is Cross Country Stitching, a cross stitch pattern mag. I think the subscription just ran out on it and I'm honestly not too upset about it.

I also get Glamour and Southern Living. Both subscriptions were gifts. Sometimes they get read or flipped through, sometimes they don't. I'm more of a book person.

essayons89

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I only have two magazine subscriptions. One is to Men's Health and the other is to Tropical Fish Hobbyist.

ohnoaninfp

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I like Mad Magazine.
My dad also got m a subscription to Air and Space and I used to have a subscription to Civil War times.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Essayons89

I only have two magazine subscriptions. One is to Men's Health and the other is to Tropical Fish Hobbyist.
I used to have a sub to Men's Health... ok, it was really for my ex, but I read it more than he did!! it's a really good magazine for getting into the psyche of guys

Anywoo, i subscribe to waaaaaay too many magazines:
Cat Fancy
Woman's Day
Family Circle
Good Housekeeping
Glamour (I like Glamour much better than Cosmo)
Rachael Ray
Taste of Home
Cooking for 2
Light and Tasty
Simple and Delicious (these last 4 are all cooking magazines that hav no adverts, they are great!)
Money (I think my sub just ran out on this one though)

I think that's it for now

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pami

Oh I have a bad habit of subscribing to magazines ...... Cat Fancy, Time, People, Better Homes and Garden, Family Circle, Good Housekeeping, Birmingham Business Journal, Southern Living,............. there's more I just cant think of them now.
Originally Posted by katiemae1277

I used to have a sub to Men's Health... ok, it was really for my ex, but I read it more than he did!! it's a really good magazine for getting into the psyche of guys

Anywoo, i subscribe to waaaaaay too many magazines:
Cat Fancy
Woman's Day
Family Circle
Good Housekeeping
Glamour (I like Glamour much better than Cosmo)
Rachael Ray
Taste of Home
Cooking for 2
Light and Tasty
Simple and Delicious (these last 4 are all cooking magazines that hav no adverts, they are great!)
Money (I think my sub just ran out on this one though)

I think that's it for now
wow, you guys ! ! how do you get the time to read..............and surf, and post on Forums and feed cats and............wow, youre amazing !! I´d love it at your houses, there´d always be something to do, cuddle cats & read mags

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by mooficat

wow, you guys ! ! how do you get the time to read..............and surf, and post on Forums and feed cats and............wow, youre amazing !! I´d love it at your houses, there´d always be something to do, cuddle cats & read mags
at least for me, my excuse is I have no social life

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lionessrampant

I must be absolutely weird for a 20-something...I cannot STAND Cosmo!
I have not been into Cosmo since I was 22.....I just kinda grew up....and everything they printed, I already knew.

I get people magazine at home, and Everyday Food....

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a subscription to Cosmo, Shape, Self, Marie Claire. I think that is it. i am not sure!

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Food & Wine Magazine and Bookmarks are the only 2.

I use to LOVE Madamoiselle, but they went out of business years ago and I haven't found another girly mag since.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We get:
This Old House
Green Magazine (for John Deeere tractor people!!)
Oprah
Martha Stewert Living
Inc.
A free subscription to Shape
Country Living
The Garden-froms from being a member to the Royal Horticulture Society
BBC Gardener's World
I will also buy...
Cooks' Illustrated, Any of the magazines by Tauton Press such as Fine Gardening, Cooking, Woodworking if they seem good.
Rachel Ray's magazine, Pink, or Fast Company and any
other cooking,gardening or magazines that have home stuff in them.
We used to subscribe to more but I've tried to cut back!!
Plus the daily local newspaper and the Wall Street Journal

angelkitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I actually love Parents, and Parenting books.. Cat Fancy,, and PEOPLE.. I'm a big people weekly.. I don't buy them much,, but I do love them.. Alot... I'm gonna splurge on the award's best and worst dress mag that coming out.. I love those...