Must.Finish.Book!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Anyone else get so wrapped up in a story you loose all track of time and responsibility?
I stayed up till 4am reading last night (good thing I had today off!) and now I'm trying to calculate how long it will take me to reach the end of this story!

(I'm reading a wonderful historical/romance novella! - All clean stories BTW!!)

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, I do. I also get into the tub and read.I don't realzie how long I've been in there until the water gets cold. LOL!!

rosey

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have in a few books..more recently Robin Hardy's books...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by catcrazyperson

yes! all the time...it's like you get caught up in the little world inside the book...

so watcha reading?
The title is 'Regency Brides' by Kimberley Comeaux. The book takes place in the same time period as Pride & Prejudice and follows the love stories of 2 brothers and their friend. I typically only read Christian Romance novels when it comes to romance books. I find books like these to be very good mini-vacations!

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Have you read any of Lurlene McDaniels books? They are really good.
A book that I would recomend if you like Christian books is Gap Creek by Robert Morgan!!! It is the BEST book ever!
I also like Beverly Lewis, and Lauraine Snelling books.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by crittermom

Have you read any of Lurlene McDaniels books? They are really good.
A book that I would recomend if you like Christian books is Gap Creek by Robert Morgan!!! It is the BEST book ever!
I also like Beverly Lewis, and Lauraine Snelling books.
I used to read Laurlene McDaniel's books and still have some, but they get me wayyyy too emotional and wrapped up!

I read the first in the Abram's Daughter's series just before Thanksgiving (that is one of Beverly Lewis' titles correct?) and though it had me glued to it, in the end it made me mad! I want happy endings!
I ended up leaving it at my Grandmother's for her to read.

I finished the section about 5 or 10 minutes ago. So I guess I can go to bed now! Except that it has me kinda worked up too!

emily_325

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Every morning my routine is to scoop the litter box, feed Anya, and start drawing myself a bath. I get up early enough for some "me time" in the bath where I can read for a bit.
I will admit to being late for work a few times because my book got so good I couldn't put it down.

rosey

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I typically only read Christian Romance novels when it comes to romance books.
You should try Robin Hardy's books..they are gooood. My friend got me hooked and all my friends got together and bought me all the books for my birthday.

Clicky

I would buy them from her directly at her website but that gives you an idea of what's in it. She is so nice too and loves to hear from her readers.

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh yes - lately it has been some of Jodi Picoult's books - she is so good and she has me hooked!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh Yea!!!!!! I LOVE just spending all day lounging around and reading a good book or play
Give me ANYTHING by Shakespear and i will not stop reading until i'm done with the entire thing
I also LOVE Michael Crichton!!!

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I did it with the last Harry Potter book, stayed up way too late and I did have to work rthe next day!!
I'm a speed reader so it usually takes me about 3-4 hrs to read a 500 page book, so I usually will finish it before it gets too out of control

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yep! I love finding a good book like that. I find myself a little sad that its the end sometimes too. Like I want to read more!

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by emily_325

Every morning my routine is to scoop the litter box, feed Anya, and start drawing myself a bath. I get up early enough for some "me time" in the bath where I can read for a bit.
I will admit to being late for work a few times because my book got so good I couldn't put it down.
omg Emily, how on earth are you allowed to scoop first & feed Anya 2nd?!
my 2 would surely be plotting my demise the whole time I was scooping....
"hmmmm
if I run between her legs she'll trip & fall & bang her head on the door knob...whaddaya think?!"

silentnate

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bella713

It is so easy to lose yourself in a good book
Hey- is it my imagination or is that smilie reading his book backwards?

Get lost in books all the time, this is why I avoid reading on trains if I'm on my own