I got KIND OF a raise!!!

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So, as my other post states, the last part of our reviews was today, and during it my boss outlined our new pay structure. He was going to raise our base salary, but only give commission if we reached certain office goals.

Well originally my pay was going to go down biweekly, and then I would receive a bonus quartely if we met our goal...

Today, I said to him flat out.."I don't want to have to look for another job..I can't afford this decrease in biweekly pay"...and he ended up raising my salary by $2000!!!
So it covered the shortfall..and he is gauranteeing my pay will always be the SAME now PLUS the quarterly bonuses!!

I am so happy..I was always worried before on biweekly commission if my check would be enough...(it was based on our whole office production, not just mine)

Anyway, good news for me!!
No more financial worrying!!

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

So, as my other post states, the last part of our reviews was today, and during it my boss outlined our new pay structure. He was going to raise our base salary, but only give commission if we reached certain office goals.

Well originally my pay was going to go down biweekly, and then I would receive a bonus quartely if we met our goal...

Today, I said to him flat out.."I don't want to have to look for another job..I can't afford this decrease in biweekly pay"...and he ended up raising my salary by $2000!!!
So it covered the shortfall..and he is gauranteeing my pay will always be the SAME now PLUS the quarterly bonuses!!

I am so happy..I was always worried before on biweekly commission if my check would be enough...(it was based on our whole office production, not just mine)

Anyway, good news for me!!
No more financial worrying!!
$2,000
a month or a year or what? whatever that is Great

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by halfpint

$2,000
a month or a year or what? whatever that is Great
LOL, not a month, I WISH!! Its an annual increase

Thanks guys, I am thrilled, and am way more happy to work my butt off now

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's great!!!! When I had my review last june, our company decided that 1.5% was a good raise, which is the highest they would go. It amounted to a whopping 19 cents an hour! And some people got even less! What cheapskates!