New home for Jimmie

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes....I decided it was time to get rid of my boxer, Jimmie.
He just has been getting too aggressive with the other dogs and with my cats, so I found him a GOOD home with not cats and no kids. A guy and his fiance just have 2 other dogs and they are their children, so I think he will do okay. I just miss him ALOT-but its for the best, I believe. Please if you can spare some hugs, I will appreciate it.

anakat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lots of hugs
Sometimes doing what is best for them is really hard.

jenny82

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww I'm sorry. But I am sure that Jimmie will be happy in his new home.

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
oh
that must be tearing you apart....you poor thing, you made the right decision for everyone involved, and hopefully you can even visit him from time to time.....

rina_marie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catloverin_ks

Yes....I decided it was time to get rid of my boxer, Jimmie.
He just has been getting too aggressive with the other dogs and with my cats, so I found him a GOOD home with not cats and no kids. A guy and his fiance just have 2 other dogs and they are their children, so I think he will do okay. I just miss him ALOT-but its for the best, I believe. Please if you can spare some hugs, I will appreciate it.
I'm so so sorry. I know how you must be feeling right now. We've never had to find a new home for a dog, but we're facing that same dilemma right now about our cat. I know how hard that must have been... I KNOW you did the right thing. Will you be able to visit him?

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How hard this must be on you!
But I applaud you for finding him a good home that he will be happy in. Will the new owners let you come visit him once in awhile?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by babyharley

How hard this must be on you!
But I applaud you for finding him a good home that he will be happy in. Will the new owners let you come visit him once in awhile?
The only problem is that hes almost 3 hrs away.....but, the guy has family here and does come down every few weeks and said he will bring him by to visit me.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

The only problem is that hes almost 3 hrs away.....but, the guy has family here and does come down every few weeks and said he will bring him by to visit me.
Aww, thats great! You'll have to tell him to send you pictures all the time!
They sound like great people, Jimmie will be happy in his new home!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am missing him SOOOO much guys.
I did talk to the guys mom yesterday and she said Jimmie took to his fiance WELL!! And she is going to spoil him greatly. I know he will be taken care of but darn it-I just miss him alot!!!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am soo sorry
but it sounds like you made the right decision and put your feelings aside and did what was sincerly in the best interest of Jimmy. I applaud you for being so selfless and caring
You are a good mommy!
I have had to rehome one of our dogs before (It was a VERY aggressive/territorial chichuah) We origionally took him in as a rescue- he had been my sisters dog...but he had become extremly violent towards her babies (who did not handly him harshly or even touch him) he growled and struck at everyone. We took him in just to try and work with him. We tried behaviorlists and different vets. Nothing worked. He bit me countless time. I really hated the dog (he was just so mean) but i felt bad for him so we tried for quite a while to make it work. (he was neutered as well) Finally, the last straw was him trying to attack my little niece when she was over one day. She was just sitting on the couch minding her own business. He would have definitely done some damage had i not cought him in time. That was the last straw- After that the decision was made that we had done everything we possibly could to give him a good home and work out his behaviorial issues....we rehomed him after that. We found a little retired couple who had been former chichuah breeders (they had since had all their remaining dogs neutered/spayed). They loved him to pieces and were able to give him a good home. I am gald we were able to successfully rehome him
So i definitely understand what your going through sweetie- i've been there. If you need to talk, pm me

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For sure Hugs to you, It's hard to give them up when they have been part of your family. I had a rottie that grew up with the cats they used to sleep on him when he was smaller. Then he just changed woke up one morning and he had My Beautiful Long Haired orange Tabby in his mouth, and it was all DH could do to get him to let the cat go, I looked at Dh and told Him I don't want him anymore If i can't trust him with the Cats I am concerned for the Grandkids, so we had to find him a home. I'm sure he will adjust but I know you will miss him

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I am missing him SOOOO much guys.
I did talk to the guys mom yesterday and she said Jimmie took to his fiance WELL!! And she is going to spoil him greatly. I know he will be taken care of but darn it-I just miss him alot!!!
I know that you are sad, but I am glad to hear that he is doing well adjusting to his new home.

Still sending you some hugs in case you need them.

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sorry that you had to rehome him.But, as you said it was for the best. I applaud you for making the tough decision to do that.