How much is too much vomitting?

simone's mom

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have two sibling cats who are 2 years old. They are Siamese/Tabby. They vomit almost daily. Should I be concerned? They have been fed Science diet since they were kittens. I bought them a raised food dish, and that seemed to help some. The vomit is almost always whole food, with the occasional hairball. They are free fed. Their weight is good, they are very active, have beautiful coats and drink plenty of water. Is this something that warrants a trip to the vet?

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Have you tried a hairball food ... ??? Putting a rock in the dish to slow the eating??

It could be food allergies

Yes a vet trip is in order

jokieman

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Simone's Mom

I have two sibling cats who are 2 years old. They are Siamese/Tabby. They vomit almost daily. Should I be concerned? They have been fed Science diet since they were kittens. I bought them a raised food dish, and that seemed to help some. The vomit is almost always whole food, with the occasional hairball. They are free fed. Their weight is good, they are very active, have beautiful coats and drink plenty of water. Is this something that warrants a trip to the vet?
Try a different food? Also get yourself some of those hairball treats. We haven't had our cat for long (month and a half) but he hasn't vomited at all. We give him 3 treats all at the same time every week. (the packaging recommends 3 to 6).

You could also try some hairball control formula food as well.

urbantigers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Jokieman

Try a different food?
Hills Science food makes Jaffa vomit and/or have diarrheoa. Vomiting every day isn't normal imo. I'd try a different food and something for hairballs. If the regular vomiting continues a vet visit would be a good idea.