Lily's too clever for me!

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
She knows I'm trying to catch her to reapply Soft Claws. She was just snuggling with me, and I thought I should get all the Soft Claws stuff ready since she's in a smoochy mood, cause then I can catch her easily.

Of course as soon as I approach her she runs away. She's fine if she can approach me, but she KNOWS when I'm trying to catch her and just will not come near me!

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lunas the same way when I clip her nails. Anytime she's dozing or or sleeping, that's when I try to clip and almost always she either nips at me or hides her paws.

sillyjilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Kitters does that too... It's like she knows if you want her for something there is nothing good going to happen from it!!
Or shes just a stubborn little girl!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My mother's dog Tasha will sit on her feet whenever my mother gets the nail clippers out.

I usually have DH grab the girls and then I clip their nails real quick like!

jane_vernon

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think every animal has that inbuilt sense of *I know Mummy needs to catch me, so I'm not going to let her*

Crazy kitties

emily_325

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I pick Anya up a lot to give her kisses and loving (she instigates it too, but RARELY) so she doesn't think twice about me picking her up.

Now what I have to be careful of is the towel. I swaddle her like a baby to trim nails and replace Soft Claws because it keeps her from wiggling away or bunny kicking me. If she sees me come into the living room or wherever with a towel and I look like I'm about to pick her up.....
She's out of there!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Lily NEVER lets me pick her up!!! She'll only let me pick her up if she's on the bed, scratching post or on the couch - and she has to be mostly asleep.

So she needs to be in one of those places when I go to Soft Claw her

jean44

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I sometimes think my kitties are psychic. They just seem to know when I want them for an evil purpose- from their point of view, of course. I must project "going to the vet" vibes.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thats why I haven't even tried soft claws with Trout...I would maybe get one on at a time and then she would freak out and bite me

jenny82

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jane_vernon

I think every animal has that inbuilt sense of *I know Mummy needs to catch me, so I'm not going to let her*

Crazy kitties
I think mine can see it in my eyes when I want to catch them.
So I have to look away and act like I'm interested in something else and then scoop them up real quick.

ohnoaninfp

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I always have to chase Cleo around for a little bit before I can give her, her medicine. She knows that she gets dinner right after she takes her pill though. I don't see why she objects so much to the medicine since it seems to be working. If it is making her feel better why is she protesting it? Silly Kitty.

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mine are the same way...Louie is the wiggler, LuckyGirl will just say lots of cursing meows at me, but she never moves or tires to bite....however I think they have teamed up & plotted against me, I can't find the clippers anywhere, and they are always in the same spot.....

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by LuckyGirl

Mine are the same way...Louie is the wiggler, LuckyGirl will just say lots of cursing meows at me, but she never moves or tires to bite....however I think they have teamed up & plotted against me, I can't find the clippers anywhere, and they are always in the same spot.....
Lily bites me & not nicely....she breaks the skin 99.9% of the time. I always wrap her in a towel & it takes 3 people to clip her nails or apply Soft Paws. It's hard to do Damita just because she can't see what's going on. The others don't care. Ophelia purrs & drools when I clip her nails...then agian she's a freak!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The poor baby was shaking in fear while we were applying them. Once we were done and put her down, she was fine though -she played with her favourite toy with me. I think it's all a show