What products have you bought that you won't buy again?

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I ran into the small local grocery yesterday and they had some chocolate milk that the label stated-tastes just like a Milky Way bar (one of my fav's). Bought it home and opened it up-YUCK!!!! It was so sweet and fake tasting-it getting dumped down the drain. Even Neil though it was terrible.
Anything you ever bought end up in the garbage???

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GailC

I ran into the small local grocery yesterday and they had some chocolate milk that the label stated-tastes just like a Milky Way bar (one of my fav's). Bought it home and opened it up-YUCK!!!! It was so sweet and fake tasting-it getting dumped down the drain. Even Neil though it was terrible.
Oh yeah, those fake milkshakes, I find are gross too

One thing I tried that I won't buy again is those cheerios with fruit in it...to me the fruit feels and tastes like styrofoam

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
DH bought some cheap AfterEight knock-offs the other day. They were terrible, and went straight in the bin. Yuck! Chocolate is not something to skimp on!

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
well I know its been about food so far...........so just to change mine is those

stupid "stay clean " magic mats, you know the advert where someone with muddy boots walks across a normal mat, then muddy footprints everywhere
then they walk on the Magic Mat........and hey Presto.....no more muddy footprint...........blah what a load of old rubbish they were

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Some sort of foaming Oxy cleaner. It wouldn't remove stains on the counters at all.

The worse thing was that I got in bulk (2 bottles for $5). I was excited about the bargain at the time.

I'm back to Lysol now.

jenny82

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Diet OJ and diet apple juice...my stomach hurts if I have too much acid (OJ) or too much sugar (juice), but those just tasted gross to me! So I still drink the regular stuff but no more than half a glass.

purefusion

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I got on a healthy kick and started buying soy milk instead of cow's milk. It was going along pretty good until I switched brands to 8th Continent because I got a coupon. I broke out in HIVES! It was pretty bad, considering it took me almost a week to figure out what it was (not a regular rash) and what was causing it. Horrible huge red spots on my face, neck and hands. Hot, itchy pain and misery lasted another week until the Benadryl cleared it up finally. I switched back to cow's milk.

salemwitchchild

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GailC

We bought the same thing a few weeks ago. Hubby drank it but we will never buy it again. I can't really think of anything else right now.

emily_325

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I bought this Quaker Oats Selects Oatmeal once that just never cooked like they said it was supposed to. Maybe I was doing something wrong?
Anyway, it went in the trash and I started buying their regular oatmeal again.

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Those Cheerios that look like Fruit loops. YUCK! They taste like cardboard not like fruit.

I'm sure there are others but I can't think of them right now.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Dell products
Single ply tissues or toilet paper
Martha Stewart Towels (fell apart and pilled after 2 washings)

I can't think off hand about any specific brand or product grocery wise.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Diet Rite pop, tastes a lot like Diet Pepsi, much cheaper, but gave me excruciating headaches

dusty's mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know why desserts have to be sooo sweet. American companies put way too much sugar in sweets, yuck.

I will never buy fat free mayonaisse, salad dressing, sour cream, cream cheese, ice cream, etc. Tastes like poop. I don't mind the low fat, but the fat free is gross.

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I don't even know if it's on the market, but the Coke Blak that was supposed to be coffee and coke or something like that.
Tasted like burnt sugar to me - not even like strong coffee. It was nasty.

jenny82

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by menagerie mama

Yep, Ben and Jerry's Cherry Garcia cappucino....WAY to sweet!!!
Cherry Garcia Cappucino? That just sounds nasty!

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Jenny82

Cherry Garcia Cappucino? That just sounds nasty!
It is ... i bought one by accident