Well he is back.

u8myufo

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My apologies first, because I had sent my prayers to Chelle for the safe return of her Patches but did not realise how old the post was. I also stated that our Milo had done a runner as well. Good news though is he is back with us. I did not go to bed untill 2.30am on Sunday. I woke again at 5.30 whent down and opened the door and called him. There was nothing. I was just closing the door when this thing just ran in, skidded past my feet, whent to his bowl and scoffed down some food, then ran upstairs curled up around the wifes neck and then promtly fell asleep as though nothing had happened.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

u8myufo

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yeh thanks. This lttle incident got me thinking though. Although our two have been microchipped, thats fine if somebody finds your cat or dog and then it is scanned by a vet or animal shelter. I was wondering if any such thing exists as far as satellite navigation is concerned. I know you can get this global positioning via mobile phones nowadays so it would just be a case of having all the electronics small enough to house in a little unit to fit on the collar. For a dog this would pose no problem, just dont know if they could make it small enough for a cat. It would be dead easy to track your moggy down then, down to the nearest couple of metres.

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by u8myufo

Yeh thanks. This lttle incident got me thinking though. Although our two have been microchipped, thats fine if somebody finds your cat or dog and then it is scanned by a vet or animal shelter. I was wondering if any such thing exists as far as satellite navigation is concerned. I know you can get this global positioning via mobile phones nowadays so it would just be a case of having all the electronics small enough to house in a little unit to fit on the collar. For a dog this would pose no problem, just dont know if they could make it small enough for a cat. It would be dead easy to track your moggy down then, down to the nearest couple of metres.
You can get a GPS tracking device, that locates a thing the size of a thumbnail clipped onto a collar. I have not heard of one that tracks the microchip in cats. However for indoor/outdoor cats, or indoor cats that have a track record of heading for an open door, the collar tracking device might be a good idea! It's not that cheap tho! But then what price do you pay for peace of mind? I saw the article in a cat magazine, I will look it up and post the details, don't have it handy at the moment

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

u8myufo

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Ok thanks Epona. No! I know you cant track a microchip, but you have answered my question about a small tracking device, I know with the vehicle tracking here in the UK, you basically pay a monthly price. Like you say though the price could make all the difference.

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by u8myufo

Ok thanks Epona. No! I know you cant track a microchip, but you have answered my question about a small tracking device, I know with the vehicle tracking here in the UK, you basically pay a monthly price. Like you say though the price could make all the difference.
I'm quite tired at the moment and have had a couple of pints so I'm not going to look up the details right now, but if you're interested and I haven't posted back to this thread by this time tomorrow, PM me a reminder!

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I still haven't looked up the GPS thing, I saw an ad for it in a cat magazine so will try to remember to look when I get home!