My 'new' addition

booktigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
As some of you know, I lost Pebbles just over a month ago, which meant I only had one permanent cat, and my max is 2, so it did leave me with a bit of a gap. I had a 13yo foster who I didn't think was going to find a new home as she isn't very people friendly (not vicious, just dont think she is used to love and affection), so I decided that as I love her to bits and she seems happy here, I should adopt her. The paperwork was signed today, so she will have to have 2 birthdays, one for when she came, and one for when she was adopted. Ironically, today would have been Pebbles' second anniversary of being here, I know she would be pleased that another babe had a guaranteed home. Some pics

And one of my two girls

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congratulations on adopting the cat you foster!

I would be afriad to foster as I probably would adopt every cat I took in!

she's a adobrable though!

anakat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tiger looks very content and happy about being 'home' forever

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
What a wonderful way to honor Pebbles memory.

Pebbles would be pleased that you have opened your heart to this 13 year old sweetie pie.
What is her name?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

booktigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
XO - can't believe I forgot her name off!! She is called Tiger, and she might not be a friendly, affectionate lap cat, but I love her, and have done since she came, she was crying all the way here, so I was crying too (not good as I was driving!!), the poor thing had been with her owner since she was a kitten, and after 13 years he wanted her pts for no good reason, so her whole world and everything she knew had gone, and to be honest, I am glad that I can give her a forever home, I honestly dont think with the kind of cat she is and why she came into a rescue that she would have tolerated a new home again - even putting a cage in my front room is enough to make her go and hide upstairs. I can't see her ever being affectionate, as we have 13 years of whatever (her owner said he coudn't stroke her, I have been able to do from day 1, so I suspect he didn't bother with her) to break down, but I dont care, she will let me have short fusses, and interacts with me, and if that is all I ever get, then I can cope with that (just can't stop fostering, I need lap cats some way!!) I think Pebbles would be proud - my dream is to help as many oldies as I can, and between adopting and fostering, I have helped 11 in 4 years, I hope the numbers keep increasing.

Lunasmom and Crazycatperson - She is only the 2nd foster I have adopted in 2.5 years and out of 26 cats/kittens - and they have only been adopted as they are the kind of temperament that doesn't tolerate change well, and coming into a rescue at the age of 13 was hard enough on them, without making them deal with another change - Molly had been in the rescue centre for nearly a year cos things prevented me taking her for 8 months, and she was so depressed that we didn't think she had long left - 13 months later, she is currently rolling round the bed chasing her tail and playing with the toy Sarah bought, and is still eating well. I am hoping her blood tests this week show her organs are still good for her age. I think fostering helps me to deal with the emotional aspect of me only adopting oldies, I get the pleasure of having young, playful, affectionate cats, and also the satisfaction of knowing that they have a wonderful home thanks to me - and without bragging, some of the cats I have fostered would have had such a worse life without me, some wouldn't have even ended up in a rescue environment to get that chance.

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Welcome to your loving forever home sweet Tiger.

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is about the swewetest thing I have ever heard. I hope she gets to be the sweet lap cat you want her to be. You never know. I went 2 years since Fred died without a lap cat, adopted 2 more cats, none of the 4 were very affectionate. Now just in the past few weeks all 4 of mine are suddenly big cuddle bugs. I don't understand it, but I'lll take it. Sending out big vibes to you and her to bond and be happy together.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Now I've got that warm fuzzy feeling inside.
I just love it when foster parents are able to adopt their foster cats(or dogs). A cat like Tiger is lucky to have found you to live out the rest of her days. After 13 years she most certainly didn't deserve to be pts!