Plug-in air fresheners & litter box odor - which is best?

reesespbc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Reeses' litter box is in our bathroom right under an outlet. Even her taking a #1 can cause a noticeable odor (to me anyway) and I can't always scoop everytime she goes. Instead of having to spray around the box everytime I was thinking of getting a plug-in air freshener. Are there any particular brands that would mask litter box odor more than another? I like Glade sprays, they work pretty well. Don't they make plug-in's?

Thanks as always

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
AirWick!!!! Both their plug ins and their decospheres are wonderful
/ Also- the Renuzit's the little cheap twisty air freshners- are awesome and last a long time too! I love the apple cinnamon flavor in those
What litter do you use? There are certain litters that work better than others on odor. As far as litter is concerned the best i've found so far to mask odor is Arm & Hammer Multi Cats. It's AWESOME!!!

miss mew

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I like using Arm and Hammer. I only up a box beside the litter box and I find it helps. I also use their litter box deodorizer.

jenny82

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Miss Mew

I like using Arm and Hammer. I only up a box beside the litter box and I find it helps. I also use their litter box deodorizer.
Arm & Hammer litter box deodorizer is amazing

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

reesespbc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

AirWick!!!! Both their plug ins and their decospheres are wonderful
/ Also- the Renuzit's the little cheap twisty air freshners- are awesome and last a long time too! I love the apple cinnamon flavor in those
What litter do you use? There are certain litters that work better than others on odor. As far as litter is concerned the best i've found so far to mask odor is Arm & Hammer Multi Cats. It's AWESOME!!!
Right now we have Cat's Pride, only because it's the only readily available flushable litter around here. As far I can tell so far it doesn't mask odors as well as it claims (atleast not 90% even) and it's VERY dusty. I gag everytime I scoop it. We have a bag of Special Kitty clumping litter. Never heard of it, but we used it before and it was about the same as far as odor control is concerned. When that's done I want to try something else. I was thinking Tidy Cat as it's readily available and seems to be well received.

katl8e

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have a Glade plug-in next to the litter boxes. I alternate between vanilla and clean linen scents. I also use vanilla-scented carpet deodorizer in the boxes - I buy it at the 99-cent store. Both work wonders.

Being a smoker, I also have these plug-ins, in my bedroom and front room.

gailuvscats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think those foul smelling sickening Glade type plugins will not only harm your cat but you as well. The only way to get rid of the stink is to remove the stinkies. You can get some organic essential oil sprays at the health store, they absorb the odor without killing anyone with toxic chemicals.