Nature's Recipe Maintenance Feline Formula - Rabbit & Rice....Thoughts?

commonoddity042

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Besides the "rabbit by-products, do you think this food is good?

Ingredients
rabbit, rabbit by-products, Rabbit stock, ground rice, steamed bone meal, canola oil, potassium chloride, sodium chloride, vitamins (choline chloride, vitamin A supplement, vitamin D3 supplement, vitamin E supplement, inositol, niacin, d-calcium pantothenate, thiamine mononitrate, riboflavin supplement, beta carotene, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), folic acid, menadione sodium bisulfite complex (source of vitamin K), biotin, vitamin B12 supplement, taurine, trace minerals (zinc oxide, zi

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Can I say yuck... rabbit by products ( head ft and intestines) ... canola oil( yeah yeah some say it is fine I dont like it ) steamed bone meal ( ie no nutrive value ) salt is the 7th ingrediant s

gizmocat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This food is good, but I like Nature's Logic a lot better. It's made by someone who split off from the Variety people (hence the similarity of names).
There are no chemical ly synthesized vitamin additives at all (as there are in the Nature's Variety) but the ingredients (such as animal plasma) would be off-putting to a human.

There's nothing wrong with a cat eating 'rabbit byproducts' if they are intestines and organs which the animal would eat in the wild anyway.

The rice is not something I'd want to feed Gizmo anymore.
The Nature's Logic uses millet instead (the only pet food that I've seen do so) and she's thriving on it.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by gizmocat

This food is good, but I like Nature's Logic a lot better. It's made by someone who split off from the Variety people (hence the similarity of names).
There are no chemical ly synthesized vitamin additives at all (as there are in the Nature's Variety) but the ingredients (such as animal plasma) would be off-putting to a human.

There's nothing wrong with a cat eating 'rabbit byproducts' if they are intestines and organs which the animal would eat in the wild anyway.

The rice is not something I'd want to feed Gizmo anymore.
The Nature's Logic uses millet instead (the only pet food that I've seen do so) and she's thriving on it.
Millet is a great bidding grain , not as digestable as rice ... comparable to wheat and barley

If by product s were just organs then I would be fine with them in a wet food ... if they were just organs the company would likely list them like about 90% of natural companies do ..

plasma is likely in every food but there is no nutritive reason for adding more unless they dont have any grains

Does Natures logic have a place where they list where the natural vitamins come from??? most natural companies use the naturals where avail but some I would love to see a source
you know inquiring minds want to know