I must be the biggest baby

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have never been so cold in my life I just went to the store and I can't beleive it, it's supposed to be down to 25, it goes right through ya, plus it's windy, OMG how do you people that live where it's cold stand it? My nose hurts so bad from breathing I can't even tell you, This is disgusting
Oh this sucks really call me the biggest wimp but I wish I had a whole lot of meat on my bones, I think I'll go put a few more clothes on and I have the heat up to 74 .. OH MAN

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Only -2? Here it's been like -40 degrees. That's the same in both Farenheit and Celcius! It's been so cold that they're advising people to not go out.

neetanddave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

Only -2? Here it's been like -40 degrees. That's the same in both Farenheit and Celcius! It's been so cold that they're advising people to not go out.
I'd never ever leave the house.

hopehacker

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I do think 25 degrees (F) is pretty cold. Thank goodness I don't live where it gets that cold. I thought it was pretty nice this afternoon outside. The air had a chill to it, but it was kind of nice. Beautiful in fact. Sunny and clear. 56 degrees, although they're saying it's going to get down to 35 degrees tonight, which is mighty cold. I only have one of those oil radiator space heaters. I called around today to see if I could get one of those space heaters with a fan, and they were sold out everywhere. I'm sure I'm going to freeze tonight. The bad thing, is that one of my living room windows is slightly cracked open at the top, and I can't close it, so the cold air will come in through that crack. I can't remember it being this cold.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by HopeHacker

I do think 25 degrees (F) is pretty cold. Thank goodness I don't live where it gets that cold. I thought it was pretty nice this afternoon outside. The air had a chill to it, but it was kind of nice. Beautiful in fact. Sunny and clear. 56 degrees, although they're saying it's going to get down to 35 degrees tonight, which is mighty cold. I only have one of those oil radiator space heaters. I called around today to see if I could get one of those space heaters with a fan, and they were sold out everywhere. I'm sure I'm going to freeze tonight. The bad thing, is that one of my living room windows is slightly cracked open at the top, and I can't close it, so the cold air will come in through that crack. I can't remember it being this cold.
OMG Hope put some tape or a piece of cardboard on iit, I think the reason it feels so cold here is that air come right off the mountians and blows right here
And we just happen to be a cornor lot, the wind is not helping I am going to eat everyting I can find the next year that makes ya gain weight at 104 lbs I don't have anything to warm up but bones
and I don't think it helps when you get cold real easy like I do, this is just the pits I am sitting here with a Hoodie on jeans tennis shoes and if I had gloves I would put them on, and I have the heat at 75 now
I hope that ground hog does something right this year when he comes out

reesespbc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by neetanddave

Get you a couple shots of Jack Daniels, that'll take the chill off!
*turns green* I'd rather be cold

74?? Wow. I usually keep it at 67 only for my wife's sake. If I had a choice it would probably be 64 during the day and 60 at night while I sleep. I do turn it down to about 65 at night to save oil.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
When it gets cold here, I just remind myself that when I was still living in NY, I've walked to the bus stop in -38 weather. That helps....sorta!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MoochNNoodles

When it gets cold here, I just remind myself that when I was still living in NY, I've walked to the bus stop in -38 weather. That helps....sorta!
Oh I wouldnt do good in New York for sure
I grew up in Ohio moved to So Ca when I was 10 so I got to used to good weather but its been really cold here for us, today is the coldest day I can remember having ever.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
At least for the cold you can put on layers of clothing but if it's too hot how much can you take off before you are breaking the law?

hopehacker

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I do wish we could get some actual snow here in Los Angeles. I mean if we have to be cold like this, it would be cool to have some snow on the ground. I remember driving through Flaggstaff Arizona in the winter one year, and it was SO beautiful seeing all of that snow. I was thrilled.

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by halfpint

I have never been so cold in my life I just went to the store and I can't beleive it, it's supposed to be down to 25, it goes right through ya, plus it's windy, OMG how do you people that live where it's cold stand it? My nose hurts so bad from breathing I can't even tell you, This is disgusting
Oh this sucks really call me the biggest wimp but I wish I had a whole lot of meat on my bones, I think I'll go put a few more clothes on and I have the heat up to 74 .. OH MAN
Nah,,, you are NOT a big baby! It was in the 20's when I had to get up at 4:30am this morning to be at work by 6am for a training class... (8 hours of overtime!!
) It was actually forecasted to snow today. We only get snow once every 8-10 yrs or so. I am glad it didn't snow since I had to be there so early.

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by caterpillarpie

hahaha! I have the fan on, shorts and a t shirt! The only scarf around is the one buttons is currently "killing".
Rub it in but in about 6 months the shoe is going to be on the other foot and we will be the ones in shorts and a t-shirt and you will be the one freezing your fanny off.

caterpillarpie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Catkiki

Rub it in but in about 6 months the shoe is going to be on the other foot and we will be the ones in shorts and a t-shirt and you will be the one freezing your fanny off.
I'm in denial.... shhhh.... I'm just going to keep believeing it will last forever. And not turn into a coldy rainy windy NZ winter, pouring buckets everyday. but on the otherhand, I get to go to the snow again. AH and I'll be in germany for a part of the NZ winter, see! it's hardly going to happen at all!

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by neetanddave

Get you a couple shots of Jack Daniels, that'll take the chill off!
Or you can drink some Hot Damn, it is a cinnamon schnapps, I drank it before a LSU game one time, and I never did get cold.