Is this too far to walk??

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am thinking of walking to the grocery store, which also has a Tim Hortons where I could grab lunch...

It is 0.75 miles away....OR 1.2 kms...

Do you think thats walkable? I have no idea...

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes it is! I usually have to do those walks, it will take about 15 - 20 mins Depends how fast you walk though

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yeah, totally doable. Especially with the lure of Timmys to help you along!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Definitely walkable in good weather- however, if it's snowing or chilly outside- be sure to bundle up. Also- take some Pepper Spray and your cell phone with you just to be on the safe side since you're walking by yourself.

silentnate

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

Definitely walkable in good weather- however, if it's snowing or chilly outside- be sure to bundle up. Also- take some Pepper Spray and your cell phone with you just to be on the safe side since you're walking by yourself.
Only in America

I'd walk- you are doing the environment a favour by not driving and you'll be keeping fit

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Alrighty, well I am going to do it then!! I hope I don't buy too much and then my arms fall off walking back home

Wish me luck!!

reesespbc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sure it is. The best is you can buy something you feel guilty about eating, and walk off the difference in calories

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by silentNate

Only in America
I'll put it this way- i live in Memphis- it is one of the most dangerous cities in the US. I never walk anywhere around here ( i don't want to get shot or raped) I always drive and always have my cell phone and other things with me just to be on the safe side. There has been several shootings in the past month not even a street over from my duplex. This is precisely why I stay with my boyfriend Colin now in Bartlett,TN (right outside of memphis). I really wasn't planning on living with him before we're married....but it's much safer. I'm thinking about moving my girls in with us too soon. (my mom has them at our duplex for now just to be safe). It's a lot safer in Bartlett and he's a cop. I don't feel safe in my own neighborhood at home...it's rediculious. There are tons of hispanic gangs around now and crime everywhere
So it pays to be street smart. I'm always big on personal safety and being alert if i have to walk anywhere or go out in public. Hence pepper spray and my cell

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

Alrighty, well I am going to do it then!! I hope I don't buy too much and then my arms fall off walking back home

Wish me luck!!
Good luck! Be safe

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I walk up to three miles a day (no store in sight!!) IF you think you are going to buy stuff I would take a backpack along!! Way back when in college I had no car (or much money) and would either walk to ride by bike to the grocery store and only buy what I could carry in my backpack.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise

I am thinking of walking to the grocery store, which also has a Tim Hortons where I could grab lunch...

It is 0.75 miles away....OR 1.2 kms...

Do you think thats walkable? I have no idea...
That's definitely walkable. We generally won't use the car for distances under 6 - 10 km (roughly 4 - 6 miles), unless we have to transport something heavy (like our cat in his carrier).

catcrazyperson

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

Wish me luck!!
good luck!
hope your arms don't fall off, that would be horrible! how would go type on TCS?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just got home..it only took 10 minutes to walk that far..and it was perfect because I needed some cardio, and I burned rubber I was walkin so fast..

I felt like a student walking with my backpack, I was actually laughing as I walked...then in the grocery store, I kept my mp3 player on..it is so interesting to grocery shop to music..I loved it!!

Good time, I'm glad I walked!!

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I just got home..it only took 10 minutes to walk that far..and it was perfect because I needed some cardio, and I burned rubber I was walkin so fast..

I felt like a student walking with my backpack, I was actually laughing as I walked...then in the grocery store, I kept my mp3 player on..it is so interesting to grocery shop to music..I loved it!!

Good time, I'm glad I walked!!
You need to do it every day then, I enjoy my walking, I feel better and it seems like I sleep better too.