Too terrified to post this must I must

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Should I be afraid? Is something very horrible going to happen to me for submitting this? Will something aweful happen to you for reading it? I was going to mention my new cat and what was going on with that and then I glanced up and saw post
and was to afraid to continue. I could not figure out how to skip from 665 to 667. Here in Texas, they will not print license plates with 666 on them. I guess I will wait to see if I survive through the day and report on my cats tomorrow. I am too afraid to talk about my cats using post number 666 so I hope to have a good report by tomorrow. Is anybody else nervous over this number or did nobody else have a grandmother that pounded fear into them every day and night over this number? I did not want to post this but got to get rid of 666 before I can move on. That is, if I am alive tomorrow, if not, youse guise have been great...

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Don't worry silly!!, Thousands of us have already passed 666 and nothing happened to us!!

Dang, soon I will be at 6666..LOL

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just turn yourself upside down, and you'll see that it is actually 999.
You are perfectly safe now.

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
TRy having a Dad who was superstitious about the #13 and a Mom who says it's her lucky number...

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by GingersMom

Just turn yourself upside down, and you'll see that it is actually 999.
You are perfectly safe now.
Originally Posted by gemlady

TRy having a Dad who was superstitious about the #13 and a Mom who says it's her lucky number...
Originally Posted by neetanddave

Eh, just post once more thing really quick, and it too shall pass.

ohnoaninfp

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Eh dont wory about it. Its just superstition. In fact 666 is some kind of numerical name for either Nero or Antiochious IV. I can't really remember. I think it was Nero. History Channel had some kind of End of the World program on, where they explained where they explained where the meaning behind 666 came from. I can't really remeber the details. Its been a while since it has been on.

silentnate

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I used to live at number thirteen on the thirteenth floor and nothing happened to me...
tbh a lot of this stuff is 'magical thinking' and the more you get anxious about it then the more likely it is that something will happen- concentrating on what might go wrong can only result in mistakes when you overlook something

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
If it's for religious reasons (why else?
) I saw something on the History Channel recently that they have found that the Number of the Beast was likely mis-interpreted, and it never really was 666 to begin with.
I think they said it was something like 714.
So now you can say it really IS just superstition!

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I will NOT pay for ANYTHING if it is $6.66. OMG!! NO WAY!! I always add some gum or a pop or something totally stupid at the register.
Hubby has a liscense plate on his trailer that has 666 on it and I told them at the DMV we wanted another plate.I was told that I'd have to pay for another plate then.
I should add that BOTH of my parents (though Dad passed away) are Ministers/Preachers.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
BOOO!!!!

Some years ago I was looking for an apartment and one of my friends recommended one near a shopping mall. It would have been ideal for me because it was close to a grocery store, bus stops, restaurants etc. However I refused to look at the apartments because I knew the address of the building to be "666", LOL

pat locani

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do!

I had an anxious moment when I took my current auto tag out of the envelope. The last three letters are "KBG" -- uh oh! Then I realized that our former Russian foes are the KGB. That thought followed by another: Is some aged redneck, died-in-the-wool, commie-hater going to realize the letters aren't the same or just run me over with his pickup? You just can't help some of those thoughts!

cinder

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I had a client once that when the number on their new checking account ended in 666 they insisted that we close it and reopen a new account with a different number. It was a middle aged man and he was dead serious.

Bwhahahaha.....

ilovesiamese

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My granny is the same way for religious reasons...just from being brought up with it, it still sorta freaks me out, but I know it's only a number....but I still posted quickly so it went away LOL