what's cookin, good lookin?

sylorna

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Howdy!
Now that I'm settled into my new apartment and have gotten myself through the first week of school with minor annoyances (please, let them sort themselves out!!!), I am looking ahead to the second week.
Part of my schooling issue is that my Mondays and Tuesdays have the worst scheudle ever, where I'm going to school for 14 hours and 10 hours respecitively (Tuesday is straight through too, and I have to eat in class). SO I've decided to start making something large on Sundays that will last me through the next crazy couple of days.
Last week I made beef stew and I'm happy to say for the first time ever I was actually successful at it. I'm looking for some other ideas though. I was thinking that I could just make up some kind of fancy chicken and make more than one piece, or maybe get a frozen pizza...and eat half. Anyone else have any ideas? I need to stockpile them for the semester

Thanks a bunch,
Jess

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't have specifi recipes here, but I always make casseroles and meatloaf in regular portions, and then freeze anything I don't eat, and it does make for really quick convenient meals

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

I don't have specifi recipes here, but I always make casseroles and meatloaf in regular portions, and then freeze anything I don't eat, and it does make for really quick convenient meals
They're healthier than store bought frozen meals as you don't (hopefully) put as much crap in them, like salt, preservatives etc.

I second the lasagne idea. I always find it's impossible to make a small meal of lasagne anyways. Other pasta dishes last a few meals too.

I made jumbalaya a few nights ago - got 3 dinners out of that.
A large chicken pie lasted 3 dinners too.
There's all sorts of things you can make. Just cook for four and you'll have plenty of leftovers to see you through!

Good luck with the school schedule.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Chili is a good one, or soup.

I normally cook for a few days at a time. Cook up a batch of chicken breasts and that will last for a while.

You can also cook up a batch of meat for tacos, and freeze some, and eat some for a few days.

You could cook a whole chicken and use some meat now, and freeze the rest.

Don't forget about using a crockpot either!