Umm guys....I think your a little low....

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Anyone else live by an airport and have a plane occasionally come over too low?

I'm so used to it I typically don't notice the planes. But one just went over and it was loud! I even got up to look!

neetanddave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We used to have that all the time when we lived north of Charlotte. The approach patter ran right over the house, sometimes we could count the windows in a 737

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
last year had a 747 fly so low, that i could see people looking out the window.
my house in under the apporach to CLE, i realliy thought the guy was about to crash.i hve never seen something big that low this far out.

lottomagicz4941

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Our air port that is close just has the small planes. DIA is an hour a way.

One day they had all the planes circling. Don't know what the deal was.

My then 19 month old son loved watching all the planes.

So we took him to the little air port a few weeks later and he didn't seem intrested in them at all.

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My uncle once lived within "spitting" distance of Fort Knox, Kentucky area and fighter jets would fly over and practice "bombing" (by sighting) a neighbor's lake. On our first visit to his place I actually ducked when I heard the jet go over.

Sis lives not far from a local airport (small planes only) and once was freaked out by the sound of a "flying motorcycle". Turned out to be an autogyro (small helicopter).

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Everytime I drive into Pearson (Toronto) I get freaked out by the planes coming in to land flying low over the highway.

ryanjay

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
a good 15 miles from the small airplane airport but over the summer the skywriters kept going down-one crashed into a ihop. the big planes go over our neighborhood and make turns(usually 2 in a row) military planes have been going aroun the spet 11 and also years ago in operation desert storm. the military planes are cool cause you have to be quick to catch them
sometimes it sets the cats off in growling fits tho(poor babys

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Were here by Ontario International airport and I have many times seen the planes numbers on them because My grandkids were coming home from Seeing there other grandpartents, I knew it was them
and when my Sis-in-law went on vacation I waited till I saw the plane go over my house to start out to the airport to get them

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by icklemiss21

The planes to Pearson can be so low!

My mum's old boss lived really close to London Gatwick and he actually had biggish planes knock off his roof TWICE!
OMG, that is NOT good..I hope he didn't have to pay for that!

joanne511

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, it does happen sometimes. We live just east of the flight path and every now and again I think they've come in a tad too low! We have what they call a "port package" - triple-paned windows and special insulation to help keep out the noise - and I know when I can still hear them really well they're coming in kind of close! It doesn't bother me though.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Everytime i see one flying low- i get freaked out. That's one thing i never got over after 9/11. I don't like to see low flying planes.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We have cargo planes here....my step-dad calls them flying pigs....they are kinda huge! What's really fun with them is driving down the highway right under them as they are landing. I actually wanted them to do that when my nephew was here, but the times we were over that way no one was landing.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We are about 15 miles from the airport in Green Bay. The planes aren't too low then but its kind of cool when they have the special planes fly over Lambeau Field as many times you can see ( and of course hear them) before game time!!

miss mew

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We intentionally made sure that our home is on one of the approaches at the airport. I makes everyday an airshow!

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

Everytime i see one flying low- i get freaked out. That's one thing i never got over after 9/11. I don't like to see low flying planes.
Yes same here. When I worked I would see the planes land at the NE airport that became oddly busy after 9/11. Last year I had nothing but nightmares.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Miss Mew

We intentionally made sure that our home is on one of the approaches at the airport. I makes everyday an airshow!
Well given your occupations, I'm not suprised!