Renial failure?

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok like u guys all no Willie came home wed, althought I think the person brought him in a little too late, the day we picked him up was the last day he went to the bathroom really, everynite around 5 am I try to get him to go pee and he does but it is very very little, now he has been eating a little and he is drinking water, which i thought that was an improvemnt ! But my mom is startign to believe that willie is in renial failure, now I dont kno much bout this so any info is greatly appreciated, also he doesnt seem in pain but during this process is it painful ! I dont want him to be in pain at all, and I am hoping that my mom is wrong, also his 3rd eyelid was showing the other day and it barely is now and I also thought that was an improvement and it seemed his walking was getting better, but no bathroom, any ideas ! O we are trying to get an appointment with the vet for this weekend hopefuly, my baby just isnt in good shape !!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pami

Have you taken Willie to the vet yet?
we r trying to ! tonite he eats off and on he is walking better just still no bathroom yet, he traveled downstairs before and gave me a heartattack cause i was in the dining room and the water dish is in between the kitchen and the dining room and i look away for a second and boom i couldnt find him, here he traveled downstairs and i seen him on his way up !! Earlier he walked upstairs 2 times tonite and he went in the bathroom and layed down i carried him back downstairs but now he is sleeping, i tried feeding him and he doesnt want it and he did drink water tho so thats good, i just dont know !!!

essayons89

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ditto Pami. I'd be sure to get Willie into a vet ASAP so that the vet can have some bloodwork done as well as any other tests that he/she feels need to be done.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Amanda, you have had Willie home since Wednesday. It is so very important to get him to the vet ASAP. If he is not eating or drinking, they can do something for him to help him. You also want to make sure that he doesnt have anything your other kitties can catch. He desperately needs to see a vet.

bella713

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pami

Amanda, you have had Willie home since Wednesday. It is so very important to get him to the vet ASAP. If he is not eating or drinking, they can do something for him to help him. You also want to make sure that he doesnt have anything your other kitties can catch. He desperately needs to see a vet.

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by gizmocat

Have you taken Willie to the vet?
no my mom called today and he was booked or so, so we are seeing the lady that also goes there with the ferals and such and she might be able to give us one of her appointments, but the vet did say keep giving the clavamox, also on another site someone told me to try putting corn syrup into the water and mix it its supposed to help clean out their system, so we are going to ask the vet about that before we try it, willie tho feels like his stomach has gotten bigger but idk, he is walking more and more every day and it looks like he has improved except for the same old not going to the bathroom routine well that we know of, tomarrow I am moving out the chair and I am going to see maybe if he is at least peeing on the floor you know !!! Today I walked out of my room and found him sleeping in his one spot at the top of the steps just sleeping, I said mom did u know willies up here and she was like ya he followed me when i went to get a shower and he stayed upstairs well until it was time to eat of course
he also seems to be eating more and more every day and he even has his own water dish behind the chair with him so he is drinking from there and the big water bowl in the kitchen, he is also jumping off of things now, before he was too weak to jump off the breakfeast knook (sorry spelling) and now he is jumping off its fine, sometime we get little mice so will would always sit by the cabinets to chekc it out and he did that tonite, so i still do see improvements all in different ways and still no going to the bathroom, Also my mom and the vet gotta work out the tests and see how much everything will be (we been going in halfs on everything) so hopefully she calls soon !!! I just dont wanna hear those words that hes dieing or needs to be PTS, I rahter if he is going, him do it here where he is comfortable and in his home !!! I also got these family charms that mean good luck and everything, its an old italian thing and my great grandma gave them to my grandma and she now gave them to me today so I am going to put those on, and hopefully the old wise tale is true
! My mom keeps saying that I am wore out and I need to get more sleep and everything, but right now my main concern is willie, hoenstly I feel asleep on the chair today with willie I was on the phone and I dont remeber getting off of it
so now I am going to call my friend tomarrow and see what happened
so i am hoping that hes open on monday (the vet, and him and my mom can work something out) and also I plan on calling ARL because the vet there examined Willie for over an hour and he is our cat so shouldnt we be informed of all that happened in that examination room, o yes willie is also 11 we didnt know that I thought he was 9, man how time flies by!! Wanna hear something crazy though, willie was originally brought in to the shelter 1/10/99 and he was brought there 1/10/07 when we picked him up, that freaked me out a little bit!! But TCS prayers helped bring him home so i am hoping that these prayers help him recover so much quicker

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Don't rely on charms or anything like that - they really cannot help him if he is in trouble. I hope you get him to a vet quickly - his larger stomach could mean he has a problem. After all he and you have been through I really hope he makes it back to health soon.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jennyranson

Don't rely on charms or anything like that - they really cannot help him if he is in trouble. I hope you get him to a vet quickly - his larger stomach could mean he has a problem. After all he and you have been through I really hope he makes it back to health soon.
Please update us once he has been to the vet..I am worried about him

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Willie has been fooling us this whole time
he has been sneaking in the cellar using the litterbox down there, and he went in the other one todya and his pee looks great and so does his poo lol, i had a feeling he was going downstairs cause i caught him down there the one night but i didnt see anything in the litterbox, but i guess i was wrong
and well hes used the one up here (its blocked from the dogs, and so he was to weak to jump over to get it so i always put it out and he never used it and here this whole time hes been going in the basement
) but he got his strength back, i just still say that the vet that did check him out should of gave us the information they gathered you kno !! I mean its like Willie is almost back to himself, we still dont like the cats and we dont care about the dogs
as long as hes the center of attention, but the one way to know that he is back and i am waiting on this is for him to clean jasmines head, he always "mothers" the dogs, but i cant believe hes been fooling me this whole time and hes putting weight on slowly but surely, its all working out, I am just amazed at how badly he fooled us
he is a fighter and loves his special treatment he is getting right now, this is just blowing my mind that hes been fooling me i told my mom i had a suspicion that hes been going in the basement and then she caught him yesterday (never told me) and tonite he went 2 times while she was there he went poo and peed, and they look healthy, yesterday it seemed ok willies probably thinking man let me go to the bathroom in piece
my little brat is such a brat !!!! But he is still weak although every day he seems to get more and more alert and moves around more we are jumping off of things, i havent seen him jump up but he is skin and bones so now its time to get him fat again mind u willie was a good 10-12lbs now he feels like maybe 2lbs but each day he eats little bit at a time but he eats about 10 different times a day! Because I thought he wasnt peeing i was giving him food for UTI's just in case I dont think he really likes it though but he has a variety on a plate, right now hes sleeping then ill go down and it will be cuddle time
, I am just blown away that hes been fooling us this whole time