Yet another weird call to my vet...

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Your small bit of knowledge for the day: Black olives in small doses aren't toxic to cats. How do I know this? 8-Bit decided to try one, and I freaked out. She just added another weird call to my log. He's never getting "trouble maker" taken off his chart is he?

emily_325

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No No 8-Bit! Quit freaking out mommy Heather and making her call the vet with crazy questions.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My vet knows me well enough to say, "What did he eat this time, and how much did he consume?"

A newer vet tech once asked me what kind of dog I had... I had to calmly state he was a 13lb cat. She laughed and said she thought he was a Golden Retriever or a Lab!

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You folks don't need TV or radio - you have your own entertainment cat!

If we put an olive (green) on the floor, our cat Ebony would act like it was catnip. He'd rub himself all over it for ages. It was so funny to watch him.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
A lot of cats like olives. One of Jamie's favorite canned foods is Green Fish from Italy, which is tuna and olives.

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Yosemite

You folks don't need TV or radio - you have your own entertainment cat!

If we put an olive (green) on the floor, our cat Ebony would act like it was catnip. He'd rub himself all over it for ages. It was so funny to watch him.
Teufel does that! and then he will lick it and eventually eat it!

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I read a book (Cats - 24 hours a day by Winnifred Carriere - - hope I recalled correctly) and the author said that she was proud that she could remember what cocktails her guests liked and how they liked them prepared. So whenever she had a party, she would have the drinks ready for the guests.

But then she started having doubts about her memory because when returning to the table with the drinks, the olives would be missing and she was sure she put them in.

One day they got to the drink table and found her cat fishing the olives out of the glasses!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by gemlady

I read a book (Cats - 24 hours a day by Winnifred Carriere - - hope I recalled correctly) and the author said that she was proud that she could remember what cocktails her guests liked and how they liked them prepared. So whenever she had a party, she would have the drinks ready for the guests.

But then she started having doubts about her memory because when returning to the table with the drinks, the olives would be missing and she was sure she put them in.

One day they got to the drink table and found her cat fishing the olives out of the glasses!
That's too funny.... 8-Bit would do the same thing.