Not eating dry?

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So the other day I was short on funds til I got my check and the boys ran out of dry food - I had some Whiskas (bad... I know
) dry food and I gave them that for 2 days, and they ate it just fine. So after they ate that, I got paid yesterday and was able to buy their food they've been eating since we got Davidson, 8 months ago - which is Maxximum Nutrition from WalMart (not the best, I know, but its the best they have at the store, as I'm not able to get a higher/better brand there, we don't have a Petco/Petsmart in town, the nearest one is 1/2 hr away) so, I got that for them, and they haven't touched it!

Davidson went to his bowl and puffed up all scared, and ran away, Harley took a nibble or 2, but thats about it.

They are both on a wet diet, they usually share 1 pouch a day, but since they havent' been eating the dry, do you think I should push it up to 2 pouches a day? They don't seem like they are starving, but I want to be sure that they are getting all the food they need. They are eating their wet food just fine, like the little piggies that they are

I'm just concerned as to why they won't eat the food they've eaten for almost a year now!

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
No they may be saying wet is best mom

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sharky

No they may be saying wet is best mom
That could be it too... its just so odd that all of a sudden they won't eat it, after they have been this whole time!

I'll start giving them 2 pouches a day... Maybe I just have 2 spoiled boys?

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
there not spoiiled your just well trained

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sharky

there not spoiiled your just well trained
Thanks! I just wanted to be sure that it was okay for them to not eat much dry

Your the best!

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Davidson puffed up at the dry food?!?!
Is it possible that Maxximum changed their formula? ...shrugs.... I'm still laughing at the mental image of Davidson puffing up!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

Davidson puffed up at the dry food?!?!
Is it possible that Maxximum changed their formula? ...shrugs.... I'm still laughing at the mental image of Davidson puffing up!
Oh, yeah, he walked over to the bowl like it was a scary monster or something, then his tail puffed up really big, and he ran into the bedroom! He hasn't gone towards the bowl since

Maxximum did change their bag, but I checked ingredients and it all looked like it was the same?

katkisses

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I noticed that their bags changed too, and the store had the old and new bags, so I compared the two kitten formulas, and of course, the formula was different... I didn't check the adult ones though. Whiskas is the equivallent to chips and cookies for us, maxximum is like a sorta healthy meal, so of course they are going to pick the junk food over the healthier choice.

Kick it up to 2 pouches a day, leave the maxximum out for them, and drop the whiskas, I am sure they will adjust back. I bet they are just waiting on you to put out more whiskas, and when they realize that you arn't, they will start eating normally again. I've seen this happen many times, pain in the butt, isn't it? They arn't going to starve, if that was the case they would eat the maxxumim.

I have no clue why davison puffed up though, lol, I bet it was adorable though!!!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by KatKisses

I noticed that their bags changed too, and the store had the old and new bags, so I compared the two kitten formulas, and of course, the formula was different... I didn't check the adult ones though. Whiskas is the equivallent to chips and cookies for us, maxximum is like a sorta healthy meal, so of course they are going to pick the junk food over the healthier choice.

Kick it up to 2 pouches a day, leave the maxximum out for them, and drop the whiskas, I am sure they will adjust back. I bet they are just waiting on you to put out more whiskas, and when they realize that you arn't, they will start eating normally again. I've seen this happen many times, pain in the butt, isn't it? They arn't going to starve, if that was the case they would eat the maxxumim.

I have no clue why davison puffed up though, lol, I bet it was adorable though!!!
Thanks so much! I guess I didn't notice the change in the formula - was it for the better?

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Today, Davidson finally starting eating a bit of the dry food!