A warning for Paypal customers

furryferals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not psychic,I just see through people
I got an E-mail yesterday asking me to update my Paypal
account details,otherwise the account would be suspended.
The E-mail looked authentic but since I don't have a Paypal
account,I contacted Paypal,Thinking my details were being
used by someone else,and was notified that the E-mail was in fact
not from them.
I know a thread was posted recently by Heidi(valanhb),about E-bay but
thought I'd warn anybody who has had or gets one of these E-mails.
Paypals advice is to forward the E-mail to them at spoof (at)paypal.com and
DO NOT click any links in the E-mail.

jenny82

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the warning! Anytime you get an email (or phone call) from ANY company or agency wanting you to update information, do not do it, and tell them that you will contact the company back. Then contact the company itself to make sure it is legit.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

furryferals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not psychic,I just see through people
Originally Posted by Jenny82

Thanks for the warning! Anytime you get an email (or phone call) from ANY company or agency wanting you to update information, do not do it, and tell them that you will contact the company back. Then contact the company itself to make sure it is legit.
I would normally have just put it down to spam,but what concerned me was I also got a call on my answerphone from UPS the same day asking when I was going to pay my overdue account of £2,000
I don't have one!!!

reesespbc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A few years ago my mother got taken for about $40 from this scam. She didn't know it was fake, logged into her account and they used it to make purchases. Thankfully it wasn't much and she got the money back.

auntsewissa

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I get those kinds of e-mails from all kinds of banks, paypal, etc. Most of the banks I don't even have account with. If I do anything dealing with security with my accounts, I go to the bank in person. For paypal, I make sure I access my account with a new window, and not from any link.

reesespbc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just remembered, for those who get these emails from PayPal, forward them to [email protected] so that they are aware of them. I believe there is a [email protected] too but I'm not entirely sure. I get alot of bogus ebay stuff on an email that I don't even have registered to ebay. Funny enough though alot of them are fake emails from member's pretending to be in transaction with me saying "Where is the item I paid for!??" and giving me an earful. Kind of humorous actually.

bob'smom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
The address is actually [email protected]. I just got another fake PayPal e-mail, with a notice that the sender's address is in an incorrect format! Now there's a tipoff.
I just forward them on to PayPal.

reesespbc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Woops you're right. I did a search first to make sure the address existed and it did so I thought I was correct