Tattoo concealing make-up

squirtle

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hey guys!

I have a question, and since many of you have tattoos I thought I may find someone who can answer here

My sister's wedding is coming up in the next few months. I am the Maid of Honor
I have a small tattoo on my back that I want to cover up for the wedding. Does anyone have any experience with using special make up to do so? If so, what kind did you use and would you recommend it (did it work well?)?

Thanks!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

squirtle

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by angelkitty

I have two of them,, You might want to try this..

http://www.neostrata.com/coverblend/
Have you used this product before? Did it work well?

I just want to avoid ordering from the internet without recommendations from people who have used it.. there are a TON of products out there and I don't want to waste money ordering something that doesn't work

angelkitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by squirtle

Have you used this product before? Did it work well?

I just want to avoid ordering from the internet without recommendations from people who have used it.. there are a TON of products out there and I don't want to waste money ordering something that doesn't work
Yes,, it's worked really good.. It's just getting your skin to match perfectly to it..

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm curious as to why you want to cover it up... did you sister ask you to?

I was a bride's maid in my brothers wedding and I have a tat on each shoulder blade that showed and neither of them minded (though my mother did) so I left them. I also plan on leaving them alon for my own wedding... although I might get one touched up before hand.

squirtle

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by twstychik

Because it is ugly!
It wasn't done well and just looks awful, at least I think so. If is wasn't for that, I wouldn't be covering it up

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by twstychik

I had the same question. If a person gets a tattoo, why would they want to cover it up? Of course, not being a tattoo type person, I suppose that explains why it wouldn't make much sense to me, like getting your ears pierced but NEVER wearing earrings.

squirtle

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Yosemite

I had the same question. If a person gets a tattoo, why would they want to cover it up? Of course, not being a tattoo type person, I suppose that explains why it wouldn't make much sense to me, like getting your ears pierced but NEVER wearing earrings.
I had 2 tattoos done by a buy when I was 18. He did them out of a 'studio' set up in his living room. The one on my leg (a butterfly), he redid 3 times within a 6 month period because the color wouldn't hold. During that time, I had him do one on my back and it turned out terrible as well, but after the problem I was having with my leg I didn't want to have it redone by him. I was such an idiot at 18, by not going to a reputable place.
Fast forward to age 25... I had the butterfly recolored by a reputable guy who explained all of the mistakes in the tatt. He suspected the guy was using cheap ink and that was why it didn't hold. I love the butterfly and won't cover it up. The one on my back I haven't had redone and right now it just looks awful!

cubbie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Now my curiousity is piqued and I want to see the tattoo, although I don't really expect you to post it. I am curious though! LOL

I have a tattoo on my ankle. I like the location because I can display or cover it up easily.

neetanddave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by churchi4cubs

Now my curiousity is piqued and I want to see the tattoo, although I don't really expect you to post it. I am curious though! LOL

I have a tattoo on my ankle. I like the location because I can display or cover it up easily.
Phew! I was wondering what a dude was doing posting in a makeup thread.

Had me worried there, Cubbie!

cubbie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

I think its a unicorn with a flaming heart around it....WHAT A FREAK eh??
How the efff did you know???

zissou'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You can see on the first few seasons of Charmed that Alyssa Milano was covering up her tattoos, but then in later seasons they were showing.

IMO, If you have a tat you dislike, why don't you just get it fixed rather than trying to hide it? They can do AMAZING things with bad/faded tattoos, and you could get something beautiful that you enjoy having. Go to some local tat studios, and look through their portfolios at the other repair/redo/cover art that they've done. Sometimes it's astonishing!

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Yosemite

like getting your ears pierced but NEVER wearing earrings.
I'm guilty of this, but only because I didn't know I would be allergic to ALL types of earring posts PRIOR to getting my ears pierced. There was no way to know in advance.