Cheap Gas!!!!

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Its liike $2.14 in my areas for regular. Unfortunaely every vehicle in my house takes the highest grade available so I am still paying $2.44

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yea its real strange around here. I can go 1/2 mile to the left of where I live and get the $1.98 gas. If I go to the right, near the downtown, its $2.19.

When I got into work this morning, which is 30 minutes from where I live its $2.15 +....but "money" lives on this side of town.

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Its pretty much the same around here. But it is 5-10 cents cheaper at a gas station down the road from another.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
holy shnikes!! I haven't seen gas below $2 in forever! I think the lowest I've seen is 2.13 around here

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It was $2.22 at some places on Wednesday and $2.29 at other stations. With the price of crude oil dropping I would hope it goes a bit lower!

hilda>^..^<

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Phenomsmom

Unfortunaely every vehicle in my house takes the highest grade available so I am still paying $2.44
Are you certain about that? It might be worth it to you to check with your manufacturer. When we bought our trucks (they were new in '03) we were told that the systems in these new vehicles are such that they can use regular gas...pretty cool!

(you can tell that I'm not mechanic at all or I'd know the proper terms to use)

Good luck!

Hilda >^..^<

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by 4crazycats

Its only 1.94 here. I dont know why its gone down?
I'm not asking!!! Just keep it like this!!

I wonder what the price is like in the city? It was almost 10 cents cheaper in the city then the suburbs.

4crazycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lunasmom

I'm not asking!!! Just keep it like this!!

I wonder what the price is like in the city? It was almost 10 cents cheaper in the city then the suburbs.
I live in the city. So I dont really know. I know in Kansas its about .10 higher then here.

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Hilda>^..^<

Are you certain about that? It might be worth it to you to check with your manufacturer. When we bought our trucks (they were new in '03) we were told that the systems in these new vehicles are such that they can use regular gas...pretty cool!

(you can tell that I'm not mechanic at all or I'd know the proper terms to use)

Good luck!

Hilda >^..^<
My car is a 1992 Honda Prelude and it says inside the fuel door "premium gas only"
and the truck i have to use premium because Lee says so. It really does run better on premium and gets a lot better gas mileage so I don't argue until the gast gets really high. Then I put a mix of high grade and mid grade in.

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by 4crazycats

I live in the city. So I dont really know. I know in Kansas its about .10 higher then here.
Oh sorry I was talking about Detroit.
When I come home from school at night I always laugh. Like the other day:

Gas right off campus: $2.04
Gas 2 miles up: $2.09
Gas at the main highway: $2.12
Gas by my house: $2.19