To fly or not to fly....

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just wondering from the vacation thread, do you like to fly? Are you afraid to fly? I am a huge chicken of it, but I do it anyways........I just grab a hold of the arm rest and don't let go until we land!

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
it's even better when you are upside down

but i should add, i hate it when other people are doing the flying,

KitEKats4Eva!

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awwww when I saw this I thought this thread was going to be about being able to fly!! Like, if you could, would you? But we wouldn't need a poll for that - I think everyone would say yes!!

I'm not afraid of flying. I'm more afraid of what might happen to me when I'm driving. In fact, I LOVE flying - especially take-off....wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee it's such a rush!

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I've flown, but I don't enjoy it that much. I'm not scared, just uncomfortable, but I guesss that could stem from my last 2 flights both being very long- 7 hours to Alaska, and 9 to Hawaii

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have flown a lot. While you are in the air going I ma ok. But when its time to take off or land I get really nervous.

miss mew

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by theimp98

Yea but how do you feel when other people are doing it for you.
I agree with you on that one...I'm ok if I'm in the cockpit even if I'm not on the controls but I do get nervous as a passenger in the back

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There's just something about sitting on a plane and the turbulence......

neetanddave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Miss Mew

Yeah I don't mind it
Hmmm, wonder why?????

Originally Posted by Miss Mew

I agree with you on that one...I'm ok if I'm in the cockpit even if I'm not on the controls but I do get nervous as a passenger in the back
I hate flying commercial. I'm always wondering about the folks in the cockpit and what is up.

For those of you who don't like to fly, maybe try going to your local airport and get in touch with the flight school. They probably give introduction rides pretty cheap, and I promise if you ever get into a private aircraft and see what flying is REALLY like, you will never be afraid again.

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by neetanddave

Hmmm, wonder why?????

I hate flying commercial. I'm always wondering about the folks in the cockpit and what is up.

For those of you who don't like to fly, maybe try going to your local airport and get in touch with the flight school. They probably give introduction rides pretty cheap, and I promise if you ever get into a private aircraft and see what flying is REALLY like, you will never be afraid again.
Yea i used to give alot of those. hehe i even have a good story to tell, about a teacher that wanted to take lessons, but dont want to scare people.

jenny82

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hate flying. I get motion sickness even when I take dramamine. But it doesn't keep me from going anywhere because I love going places.

hopehacker

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I enjoy flying. I'm actually a lot more scared of riding/driving on the freeway. You're much more likely to get killed on a freeway or highway than you are in a plane.

I don't like the feeling of the take off in a plane though, although strangely enough I love how it feels when you're landing. To me, it feels like a roller coaster ride.

sibohan2005

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You Havn't flown until you've taken the "White knuckle air service" in the far reaches of Ontario to visit your father on a forest fire.

My father was a forest fireman supervisor when I was young around 12 we went up north to see him, he had not been home in 4 months. Basically the plane takes off from Ottawa, fly into Toronto, Winnipeg. From winnipeg we take a bush plane to a place called Red Lake Ontario which was the base for the fire operations. Because of the fire the air has hot and cold, high and low pressure patches so the turbulance is terrible, we have to circle until the smoke clears so the pilot can see the field and we land. I havn't been more frightened in me life.

hopehacker

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Jenny82

I hate flying. I get motion sickness even when I take dramamine. But it doesn't keep me from going anywhere because I love going places.
Remind me not to get on the same plane with you. If someone gets sick anywhere near me, I will get sick, because I can't handle it when people throw up.

angelkitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't like to fly... It's neat and all.. I just am uneasy the whole time,, and the seats are less then comfortable and too small for my taste... Plus my ears hurt.. I'd rather drive...