Swollen Glands

sunflowergirl

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I really need some advice on this matter. We are really struggling financially at the moment and if I can avoid taking my cat to the vet I really need to (we are completely out of money and using credit cards to charge basic like food which makes our situation worse).

I have a 2 1/2 year old male tabby. His behavior is 100% normal, no signs of illness whatsoever... except that I noticed yesterday that he has two swollen glands under her neck.

Is this something serious or something common? The reason I ask is that years ago I had a fantastic cat (10 years old) who got a tumor and also had swollen glands, it was cancer and he had to be put down. So, the moment I felt the swollen glands I panicked that it might happen again to this cat.

My local vet costs £23.50 which I don't have so I really need all the advice you can give me!

furryferals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not psychic,I just see through people
Originally Posted by SunflowerGirl

I really need some advice on this matter. We are really struggling financially at the moment and if I can avoid taking my cat to the vet I really need to (we are completely out of money and using credit cards to charge basic like food which makes our situation worse).

I have a 2 1/2 year old male tabby. His behavior is 100% normal, no signs of illness whatsoever... except that I noticed yesterday that he has two swollen glands under her neck.

Is this something serious or something common? The reason I ask is that years ago I had a fantastic cat (10 years old) who got a tumor and also had swollen glands, it was cancer and he had to be put down. So, the moment I felt the swollen glands I panicked that it might happen again to this cat.

My local vet costs £23.50 which I don't have so I really need all the advice you can give me!
You could take him to a PDSA Petaid hospital.Well thats if there is one near you

Or the RSPCA.
Oh!! are you in the UK?

puppycat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
swollen glands need to be checked out. I know you say you can't afford the vet bill but a diagnosis of whether this is a minor cold or if its a thyroid or cancer problem is in order. I hope that you can find some aid in assisting with a vet bill. Perhaps you have some local organizations that may be able to assist you. Good luck to you and your kitty

cutie1515

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
growing up we had a small dog, and her glands on her throat were swollen, and she seemed fine. a week later after it wasn't getting better we took her to the vet and had to put her down b/c she had cancer in her throat. she was 18 yrs old, but you never know...they are swollen for a reason and you should never take the chance...you might regret it later.

furryferals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not psychic,I just see through people
Originally Posted by cutie1515

growing up we had a small dog, and her glands on her throat were swollen, and she seemed fine. a week later after it wasn't getting better we took her to the vet and had to put her down b/c she had cancer in her throat. she was 18 yrs old, but you never know...they are swollen for a reason and you should never take the chance...you might regret it later.
I agree,

I'll Pm you with the details of how to get your cat help

If you are in the UK?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sunflowergirl

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Will see what I can find on Monday now. He is still doing fine other than the swollen glands. Really hoping it turns out to be minor.... I will be heartbroken if a second cat get cancer.