Bathtime

tiffanyjbt

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Duke took his show bath today. While he wasn't particularly pleased about it, I'm VERY proud of my big boy! He handled it almost like a pro!

Here's Duke, probably cursing under his breath at me, but tolerating his bath none the less.

In front of the vent, trying to catch some heat (I had it at 80!):

He's cute even when he's soaking wet!
:

Here I'm sure he's asking, "Why Meowmie?":

I'm already proud of you Duke baby!
You're a king!

godiva

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Heh heh... looks familiar! Tobie didn't like it much either, but he eventually resigned himself to it and was pretty easy to handle by the time we got to blow-drying.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awwww poor drowned rat
Its always funny when they are totally soaked like that. I usually have 2 towels (warmed) - first one gets soaked when right out of the water. Second one is better.

Hope you didn't blow dry Duke - shorthairs only need towelled and combed a bit - rest air dry.

Will be thinking of you guys tomorrow..........LOCK THOSE BOYS UP TO STAY CLEAN TODAY AND SO YOU KNOW WHERE THEY ARE IN THE MORNING!

Charlie will get his 1st bath tomorrow (test run)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tiffanyjbt

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Duke appreciates your sympathy (even if you get a laugh at his expense)

I warmed up a large bath towel to wrap him in. He melted in my arms once I wrapped him up. Such a sweetie!

I also had a few warmed up microfiber shop towels (like the chamois Abymummy mentioned) and that soaked up a LOT of water. I just kept rubbing him with the towels and brushing/combing with the slicker brush. I didn't blow dry though. I know Duke would have been terrified.

I can't wait to meet Tobie too, Shannon!

As an aside, I think my camara is having issues. Last night after I took these shots the lcd went KAPUT and when I tried to take a test pic, it showed up the same way.
Hopefully some fresh batteries and a good nights sleep will help! I need to get a new one.

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by silentNate

Awww... Thats so cute that I'm tempted to bathe Radar....

I'm just rather attatched to my fingers
He does not need a bath. If I come home to a wet cat I will be very very angry

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
*smacking Tiff on the head with a pillow* - You are a bad girl! Nothing to be afraid of. You ask Charlie tomorrow.

Spooky didn't care about baths - he used to sit in the room with whoever was getting washed to let them know they had nothing to be afraid of

kai bengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have yet to bathe any of my bengals before a show. They are sleek and shiny at all times.

( I keep them in glass jars on the shelf between shows, so they don't get dirty )

Seriously though, most bengals really don't need a bath prior to showing, unless they have gotten into something, are kept outdoors or smell bad.

Tiffany & Shannon, good luck with your show!! Hope you have a blast and bring home some ribbons!

snosrap5

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kai Bengals

I have yet to bathe any of my bengals before a show. They are sleek and shiny at all times.

( I keep them in glass jars on the shelf between shows, so they don't get dirty )

Seriously though, most bengals really don't need a bath prior to showing, unless they have gotten into something, are kept outdoors or smell bad.

Tiffany & Shannon, good luck with your show!! Hope you have a blast and bring home some ribbons!
I just had to make a comment Nial. Takoda is the most SELF bathing dude around! It's a night time ritual for him.
So no baths for him either.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was thinking the same about Charlie - his coat is slick and shiny. But Nancy gave me the instructions on washing him - and since she had the top kitten in the US (CFA) last year and best cat/kitten in the region, I'm gonna go by her instructions